Katrina evacuees living on a cruise ship at our expense!

When civil order breaks down, that inherent tendency to do things we normally wouldn't do just takes over, and the most straigh-laced of people might find themselves running down main street pushing a big screen TV and a mattress from Macy's,
And just what the fuck would ANYONE in that are have for use with a big screen TV when thw power is out, and no one has the money to buy it?

That's the thing that is pissing people off.

Caitriona said:
And why is it an either/or situation. Regardless of how the victims of Katrina have behaved, the government still has responded poorly to a natural disaster. Something of this magnitude simply does not happen without a LOT of people dropping the ball.

It's a nightmare beginning with each individual who can't accept that their old life is *over* and to forge ahead, all the way up to the government who can't seem to manage itself in a time of crisis.

It's not one or the other. It's not a case of the victims sucking up our tax dollars the government's off the hook. It's bad management of our tax dollars to let those victims just sit back and suck it up. I'm sick to death of people pointing a finger to people who are on government doles when it is the politicians who dole it out and nothing ever seems to get accomplished with our dollars.
Pretty much. I mean, there were a whole horde of school buses at the Mayor's disposal to get those who couldn't get outta there on their own, and they were all left to get waterlogged. And you can't possibly tell me it would take a whole WEEK just to drop some jugs of water down to all the survivors standing on the highways.

Nigga, please! :p

DK.jpg

BDM does make a point. If there were white looters in New Orleans you can bet the pictures would be shown all over.

There was one dark-skinned white, or light-skinned black, looter picture shown. One.

Messenger said:
BDM does make a point. If there were white looters in New Orleans you can bet the pictures would be shown all over.

There was one dark-skinned white, or light-skinned black, looter picture shown. One.
And yet the media still manage to exaggerate all the crime that supposedly took place there.

Riiiiiiight.

If there where white looters in New Orleans that would mean there are white people in New Orleans. And that would mean the leeves would have been fixed a long time ago, and aid would have arrived much faster, and there wouldn't have been much looting in the first place.

Hambil said:
If there where white looters in New Orleans that would mean there are white people in New Orleans. And that would mean the leeves would have been fixed a long time ago, and aid would have arrived much faster, and there wouldn't have been much looting in the first place.

You really are a reactionary moron, you know that? As you can see here, as of the year 2000, approximately 28% of the population of New Orleans was, in fact, WHITEYS!! Now, it's nowhere near the 67% of the population that is on welfar...er, I mean, black.

You really should know something about a place before you spout liberal bullshit. Those stats were on my first google attempt.

Big Dick McGee said:
You really are a reactionary moron, you know that? As you can see here, as of the year 2000, approximately 28% of the population of New Orleans was, in fact, WHITEYS!! Now, it's nowhere near the 67% of the population that is on welfar...er, I mean, black.

You really should know something about a place before you spout liberal bullshit. Those stats were on my first google attempt.
A WHOLE 28%? Wow, I wonder how many of them had to stay behind because the didn't have cars? Man, 28% white - whew, you've proven me wrong yet again, Dick.

Yes, I have, thanks for being a man and owning up to your mistake. 30% of the population, or some 136,000 white people, is a substantial number. Certainly you'd think the news would have caught one white person looting televisions or jewelry.

Big Dick McGee said:
Yes, I have, thanks for being a man and owning up to your mistake. 30% of the population, or some 136,000 white people, is a substantial number. Certainly you'd think the news would have caught one white person looting televisions or jewelry.
Are you always this stupid? did you get the fact that the majority of the whites had transportation out of there?

Jayzus.

Lou The Beagle said:
Are you always this stupid? did you get the fact that the majority of the whites had transportation out of there?

Jayzus.
And the rest of the blacks were missing legs and as such had to resort to stealing reeboks and heinekens for transportation.

Then again, there was a white man's conspiracy to destroy the levees which protected New Orleans from flooding. The fact that they forced niggers to fend for themselves is modern genocide, I tells ya!

Everyone knows minorities are babies which must be coddled.

Lou The Beagle said:

Jayzus.

Of course I know the majority of whites had transportation. They work for a living, i.e. they own cars, or at least know someone who owns a car. Unlike, say, the black dude with five kids, who owned a FOUR SEAT CHEVY CAVALIER, and thus put his family at risk because he had to stay behind.

So, let's say a majority of whites is 75%. That means there were roughly some 35,000 whiteys that stayed behind. I still find it amazing that not one, not one white person out of those 35,000 was seen on cameral looting tvs, jewelry, and Air Jordans. You fucking KNOW the media was looking for them.

Facts are facts, even when they contradict our particular view of the world.

Messenger said:
And the rest of the blacks were missing legs and as such had to resort to stealing reeboks and heinekens for transportation.

Then again, there was a white man's conspiracy to destroy the levees which protected New Orleans from flooding. The fact that they forced niggers to fend for themselves is modern genocide, I tells ya!

Everyone knows minorities are babies which must be coddled.
You must be mistaking me for Mewa.

Having said that, come on. You really think that someone in the middle of the state would be able to walk 300 or so miles into safety before the storm hit?

Whatever. I blame Nagin, who knows better than either of us about the empoverished state of his city. There was a plan in place, and his fucktarded ass didn't read it, and he failed his city. My hometown (Which is Vacaville, Ca, like Cindy She-nut ) has fifteen public buses that can be used in the event of an emegency, and my mom's fiancee, who is a supervisor, is well aware of this.

And this is in a town where the population is 87 percent affluent Caucasians who have cars and ouldn't even be affacted by this.

Big Dick McGee said:
So, let's say a majority of whites is 75%. That means there were roughly some 35,000 whiteys that stayed behind. I still find it amazing that not one, not one white person out of those 35,000 was seen on cameral looting tvs, jewelry, and Air Jordans. You fucking KNOW the media was looking for them.

Facts are facts, even when they contradict our particular view of the world.
Uh-huh.

Sounds to me you want to look at all blacks as stupid low-class niggers anyway.

Lou The Beagle said:
Uh-huh.

Sounds to me you want to look at all blacks as stupid low-class niggers anyway.

Not at all. I would never judge every black person based on the actions of many.

Not all blacks are stupid low-class niggers. However, the majority of blacks in New Orleans would seem to fit into that category.

Big Dick McGee said:
Not at all. I would never judge every black person based on the actions of many.

Not all blacks are stupid low-class niggers. However, the majority of blacks in New Orleans would seem to fit into that category.
Well, at least the ones the media wants us to see.

as someone who lost her house to a fire last feb, I can say that six months later you are NOT on top of your game yet. You are barely coming out of the shock of losing all and just figuring out how much you have lost.

I'm not saying cruise ships are appropriate. But I am saying that it's the silly things you then find out you are missing. You find out you have no christmas stuff at all. You find out you have no envelops, because you havent' got around to buying htem. You can't make a pie as you have no pie dishes as they have been low on your list of priorities to replace. You go to the few tools you have to tighten up a screw on the handle of a pan you have, and you find you have no crosshead screwdrivers.

By six months time you know exactly what you had, and what you lost. And that is heartbreaking. Even now, 13 months later sometimes I hunt for something I know I have...and I remember I hadn't yet replaced it. Becuase the insurance is never worth what you had.

Back