KJA Special Forces

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The hack author, Kevin J. Anderson, has set up a secret website for his super fans. He will pay you in KJA swag for writing Amazon reviews, blogs, and showing up for his book signings. No one is supposed to know about this site, except people who get his newsletter. Also you need an activation code to join, there is an exploit (I don't know what it is :rwmad: ) I bet someone here could figure it out.

http://www.kjasf.com/registration.php

This is at the bottom of the page, cracked me up.

Disclaimers & Confidentiality Agreement
[Required] I affirm that I am a fan of Kevin J. Anderson’s work and can wholeheartedly support and recommend it to others.
[Required] I understand that by joining the KJA Special Forces I may learn confidential information about his projects. I agree not to disclose any confidential information obtained from this website unless asked to do so.
[Required] I agree not to distribute copyrighted materials obtained from this website.
[Required] I understand that if I fail to abide by any of these conditions, I will forfeit my membership in KJA Special Forces.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The hack author, Kevin J. Anderson, has set up a secret website for his super fans. He will pay you in KJA swag for writing Amazon reviews, blogs, and showing up for his book signings. No one is supposed to know about this site, except people who get his newsletter. Also you need an activation code to join, there is an exploit (I don't know what it is :rwmad: ) I bet someone here could figure it out.

http://www.kjasf.com/registration.php

This is at the bottom of the page, cracked me up.

Thanks for the link. I'll join it later.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Will you leak super sekret information?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DebRay, Global Moderator, in thread IMPORTANT REMINDER wrote:
This is a private members-only site and we should not call attention to it on the outside with links from any open KJA sites. We probably can't keep the Special Forces a secret forever, but as soon as the trolls know about it, they will try to hack into it or infiltrate the site in some manner. You might think that this sounds paranoid? But, let me tell you about a very recent occurrence. One of the worst characters you can imagine set up a Twitter account impersonating Kevin. This impersonator claimed to be Kevin, using his copyrighted photo and book cover art, as well as sending vile and insulting letters to many of Kevin's friends, colleagues and editors. That is how low some of these people can, and will stoop.

Our goal is for this site to be a safe and pleasant place for Kevin’s Special Forces Members to discuss, and show their enthusiasm for all things related to KJA’s myriad projects.

Deb Ray, AnderZone Big Cheese

KJA in thread Being seen and being heard wrote:
Over the years I have had fairly close contact with many of my fans via e-mail, MySpace, regular mail, public appearances and book signings. This has been a personal pleasure for me, and I hope for you as well. But it never occurred to me (too focused on my writing, I guess) that you all were a wonderful untapped resource. I never thought about asking anybody to join a fan group or post reviews on amazon.com, or mention my name in blogs, or just talk to your friends.

Of course, those sorts of things did occur to a few detractors, and for years a group of people have gone out of their way to attack any book of mine that gets published. Before HOUSE ATREIDES was even published, these guys (I call them "talifan" -- they hate it) posted *sixty* one-star reviews on amazon...and none of them had read it yet. Within 10 hours after PAUL OF DUNE was published, they posted 11 one-star reviews (again, none of them had read it). They say things like "I hated all thirteen of the YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS novels, and now this #14 is the worst of all of them!" Umm, does their bookstore not carry any other novels? Why keep reading book after book, and posting hate reviews, if you don't like my writing style?

The talifans are getting to them!

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Anyone managed to break in yet?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The one person who did tipped them off to the loophole. All you had to do was skip some of the required fields and you were automatically sent to the SMF registration page, which didn't have those required fields at all. Since then they've closed off registration, as far as I can tell. I may have to sign up for his snail mail newsletter to get in, which would mean giving the asshole my personal information. I don't know if he's worth that much trouble. I think it's really funny that he has to pay people for good reviews.