Las Vegas slot machines are more trustworthy than electronic voting machines.

No argument here that the Dems are in tatters, and need some real leadership. But I don't follow the current bash-thinking that there's no message to give, it's that the message is being beaten to death by wartime political operatives exploiting a trumped-up war on terror for their own gain.

Dems need bigger balls and need to make tougher calls. But I'm not abandoning my beliefs just because my party is getting its ass kicked at the moment.

As for the tired old wives' tales of endless gravy trains and no personal responsibility: under whose administration was there a balanced budget almost every year? And what shape is the budget deficit, the national debt and the trade deficit right now, compared to the 90s? Please. The best form of defense is not always offense.

Yet you refuse to believe that under Clinton it was smoke and mirrors and huge taxes that affected MY family. I don't understand the logic of steal from the hard working upper middle class to pay for the non-working lower class. Doesn't make one damn bit of sense, my family suffered enormously under the Clinton Administration. What? I don't matter because my parents managed to pull a money making business out of their ass? My parents built this business from the ground up, no seed money, no help from their folks. Every single dime came out of their own pocket and with taxes so high it left almost nothing to show for their efforts. The Clinton Administration was a small business murderer and for that I will never respect anything else he's done, never.

I'm glad we agree on the dems and believe it or not I agree with you most of the time about the repubs. I'd give my right arm to find a middle ground but there simply isn't one. Hell, I'm not so sure I'm even going to vote for a governor this fall, I might have to sit this one out...Which I hate.

Messenger said:
Old news.

Vegas can't afford to have insecure slots machines. County boards of elections don't have the incentive of losing millions - if not billions - of dollars in business if they use a shitty vendor.

Now... we can't prove to Republican satisfaction that the 2004 election was stolen (in spite of inexplicable gaps between exit polls and poll results and assorted irregularities), and the 2000 election has dropped off the public radar (final data firmly stating that Gore would have won had all counties been recounted... not to mention the problems of the archaic electoral college barring his popular victory, but that's going to be harder to change)... but the shitty voting machine security is indisputably demonstrated, and needs to be fixed. To do anything else is to invite future vote fraud.
BDM said:
Jesus H. Christ, when Slick Willie was beatin' his Republican counterparts like a red-headed stepchild, you didn't hear us whinin' about bad voting machines.
That's because there weren't bad voting machines, by and large... nor were the elections close enough that bad voting machines in a few precincts could've tipped the tide, bringing the question to light. Clinton's 370+ electoral vote grand slams were coupled with a lower percentage of voters voting for Bush and Dole than voted for Carter in 1980. We couldn't shift a few hundred thousand votes and flip the election results.

However, I've heard lots of whining over the years alleging that JFK won on the graveyard vote. Lots. And that's the only close (and therefore remotely contestable) presidential election resulting in a Democratic victory in recent years... not to mention four decades prior to the 2000 election, and some of you are still complaining about it. So stuff the complaints about whining.

Bushites stole the election. There is no debate in front of the mass of evidence surrounding machine tampering.

Back