Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Words...

Okay, I'm a little curious. If I MURDERED 4 people, got caught, went to jail, and was sentenced to DIE, would people hail me as a hero and martyr for some cause if I wrote a few pedantic childrens books and novels about not being in gangs and killing people? Like I told Menty, I don't support capital punishment, and while I certainly feel bad for Arnold's apparant desire to free himself of his ties with Austria over their not supporting his stance on keeping a system of punishment that an overwhelming 70% of americans support, let me point out the rediculousness of this. HE MURDERED FOUR PEOPLE. He didn't accidentally run over one guy, unintentionally cook some bad food for another, and flip a boat over on the lake and drown too others accidentally. He shot people, executed some of them EXECUTION STYLE. Fittingly, he was sentenced to execution, and if his life was spared, then so should every other death row inmates. Don't call the entire system flawed simply because one person actually was allegedly rehabilitated by the correction system before their sentence was carried to term. Either get rid of it completely, which I'm in favor of, of fry, stab, shoot, hang, poison, and behead each and every person who gets the death penalty, and uphold the system that was designed to punish extreme criminals.

Well, you have to understand that for gangbangers and murderers, the bar is set pretty low. Just getting them to think outside the box is a major accomplishment. So when one not only changes his mind about the gangsta life, but even goes out of his way to discourage young kids from getting involved in it, he's practically in line for sainthood.

And in today's society, there is no consiquence for one's actions, if you are really sorry.

I see that in cartoons now for chrissakes. Lie, cheat, steal, murder, but if you are really a good, abet mis-understood person under it all and say "sorry", well then, you should be able to put it right.

I"m not sure if killing someone for killing someone else is really all good, but at least it's a consiquence that can't be negotiated away once it's done.

Damn right. But its more fundamental then that. If you insist on having such a barbaric system in place, do it 100% correctly, instead of having a freaking loophole where every single person has some sob story excuse why people who a judge and jury constitutionally decided that death was the price for their actions, should be spared. Either abolish it all together, or run it as written.

I say hangings in the public square.

Think of the concession fees! Not to mention the Advertizing dollars!

If memory serves, the Texas State Constitution still alllows for executions by firing squad. Another one of those old long fogotten clauses. :D

Didn't Utah do that a few years back, by request of the Condemned?

That would be fucking awesome if it did happen. Actually, now that you mention it, I do recall someone in Utah requesting it, but the state Supreme Court over-ruling it or something like that.

Well, you can't do public firing squads, too much danger to the populace.

But hanging 'em doesn't involve richochet. Or maybe we can push 'em off of a clif.

Or a BIG tank of water, with clear sides, some chain and a bowling ball. Last's longer too, people can take bets.

Yeah...without restraints and shit. Let 'em run around and then fall and twitch.

I need another drink.

Fuck you all.

Ok, maybe you aren't so bad afterall. When my kind rules the world, there will be a place in it for cynical bastards like you. :D

Ironclad said:
Didn't Utah do that a few years back, by request of the Condemned?

Utah executed two people by firing squad. Gary Gilmore in 1977 (the first US execution after capital punishment was reinstated in 1976) and John Albert Taylor in 1996. Otherwise, execution by firing squad was banned in Utah in March 2004. However, 4 Utah convicts that previously chose to die by firing squad will have their requests (made before the law went into effect) honored should they be executed.

Currently, Idaho and Oklahoma are the only states that still allow firing squads.