Learning to play the guitar

eloisel

Forever Empress E
You'd think it would be fairly easy for me since it is a stringed instrument.

But, no. I bought a classical acoustic guitar. It is a bit big for me so I bought another guitar to learn on and work my way up to the gigantic guitar. Mostly the strings are in the wrong place. Instead of gdae, or double D-A-D, it is eadgbe.

Do you play guitar?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I do a little. Know a few chords and a few barre chords. My son is a whiz, patterns himself after Keller Williams since I got him his loop box for xmas. I can play a few songs like Stairway To Heaven and Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I am writing my own songs right now while I train my fingers. Not used to these far apart frets. I'll get there, it is just going to take some time.

Are you still drumming, Jack?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Working on a new project as we speak.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
When I have a bit of spare time I'd love to learn how to play guitar. Playing harp is just natural to me now, and I'd like the challenge of learning the different finger placements for chords, rather than the straightforward 'pluck this string for sound x.'

eloisel

Forever Empress E
My guitar playing is much more like playing a percussion instrument.

I pound on it and break alot of strings.

LOL - you know the image that brings to mind.

You definitely are a Bad Dog.

*scratch, scratch behind the ears*

eloisel

Forever Empress E
After working on chords, finger positioning, reading sheet music, and such for these last weeks, I can now play Happy Birthday pretty darn well. Woo Hoo. Next, I shall excel at Tennessee Waltz.