LED ZEP RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Damn!!

Following weeks of intense speculation by fans and the news media, a concert promoter announced yesterday that the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin — Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones — would play a concert in London on Nov. 26. Jason Bonham, the son of John Bonham, who died in 1980, will fill in for his father on drums.

The show, at the O2 arena, will be a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the Atlantic Records founder who died in December. The promoter, Harvey Goldsmith, said that the bill also includes Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini, a 20-year-old Scottish heartthrob who was the last act Mr. Ertegun took under his wing.

“During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord,” Mr. Plant said in a statement. “For us he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator.”

Led Zeppelin, which has sold well over 100 million albums in the United States alone, broke up in 1980 after Mr. Bonham’s death, but fans have become accustomed to periodic reunions and semi-reunions. First there was Live Aid in 1985, with Phil Collins and Tony Thompson of Chic on drums. In 1988 the three surviving members recruited Jason Bonham to play at a 40th-anniversary show for Atlantic. Six years later Mr. Page and Mr. Plant played an “MTV Unplugged” session that turned into a tour and an album that included reworked Led Zeppelin songs.

And while the concert will benefit an educational charity in Mr. Ertegun’s name, it also coincides with the release of two major Zeppelin reissues: “Mothership,” a two-disc hits set due Nov. 13, and an expanded version of “The Song Remains the Same,” the soundtrack to the band’s 1976 concert movie, to be released Nov. 20.

Mr. Goldsmith said that the Ertegun concert will be a one-time show, but didn’t rule out other performances. “If something materializes after that, I’ll be thrilled,” he told Reuters.

Craig Kallman, the Atlantic chairman, said Led Zeppelin transformed Atlantic from an R & B and pop label into a major force in rock. But the bond between Led Zeppelin and Mr. Ertegun was more than musical.

“They were great partiers, too,” Mr. Kallman said. “Ahmet was an incredible, consummate man about town, and they partied like the rock stars that Zeppelin were.”

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
LED ZEP RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Yes, YES!! :y_grin:

DL said:
I always thought they were overrated...
*gasp* DL, you heartbreaker! Never since I've been loving you and we became friends have you shook me so bad! Babe, I'm gonna leave you until you bring on home to me the whole lotta love by confirming that your time is gonna come to admit you're a fool in the rain to make such a post, even if it's only in my time of dying and I am on my way to climb the stairway to Heaven.
Well, I have to admit they sure had good times, bad times, but ever since they rambled on from Royal Orleans over the ocean to Kashmir on a night flight only to boogie with Stu, they got me dazed and confused by this utter communication breakdown, sadly whistling the Lemon Song to the black dog, having only tea for one, my devotion trampled under foot.

But anyway, you know I can't quit you over this, see you in the evening, thank you,

Your living, loving maid.

jack

Squeeze my lemon, til the juice runs down my leg.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Babe, believe me, if I squeezed any part of you, juice merely "running down your leg" wouldn't even halfway describe what would happen.

jack

It's totally neat. Looks like a live gig on the River Thames. Fuck, they could probably just set their soundstage up on the slick in the river for maximum acoustics.

I wonder if he can hit any of those notes anymore? God knows it's kinda creepy with the drummers' son sitting in for him.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
was gonna make a thread just for cognac - he knew before me I'm sure - it was just for squeeling in - but ya beat me to it.

the best part is they are not discounting the possibility of MORE CONCERTS!. *swoons*

I still listen to the Immigrant Song once every day. True story.

fantastic news!!!!

curiousa2z

by the way, those TKers living near London, if you don't go and report back to us I will....I will......be incredibly disappointed!!!

*goes off to PM, email, MSN and generally harass all the UK members...*

jack

I want to go, are you kidding?

Mozart

asds

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
I saw Led Zepplin live at the old Chicago Stadium in November of 1977. They were great.

jack

I saw them a couple of times at Boston Tea Party. Nothing like it.

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
Ilyanna said:
*gasp* DL, you heartbreaker! Never since I've been loving you and we became friends have you shook me so bad! Babe, I'm gonna leave you until you bring on home to me the whole lotta love by confirming that your time is gonna come to admit you're a fool in the rain to make such a post, even if it's only in my time of dying and I am on my way to climb the stairway to Heaven.
Well, I have to admit they sure had good times, bad times, but ever since they rambled on from Royal Orleans over the ocean to Kashmir on a night flight only to boogie with Stu, they got me dazed and confused by this utter communication breakdown, sadly whistling the Lemon Song to the black dog, having only tea for one, my devotion trampled under foot.

But anyway, you know I can't quit you over this, see you in the evening, thank you,

Your living, loving maid.

Awesome!

curiousa2z

Jack said:
I want to go, are you kidding?

passport ready? Up here,we can count on a 6-7 week waiting time to get the damn things processed now.