Let's talk about Gossip Girl

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
So, I watched the pilot today. At the same time, I got a headache. Obviously I have no proof linking the two and correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation but I'm not ruling it out either.
First comments:
- Blair is hotter than Serena. Serena really isn't that hot. It's kinda like Summer vs. Marissa on The O.C. - maybe it's just me...
- WTF? Why do people like this show? And isn't there a book as well? I mean, the O.C. had lesbians, those were a good excuse for a guilty pleasure (plus the Seth character was kinda cool) - here it's, at best, the Dan character that gets even a little sympathy.
- What's wrong with these shows in general? You're portraying 16-year olds - I just plain refuse to believe that you have problem drinkers etc at that age

Anyone watching this? Should I keep going?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've never watched it, and I don't plan to!

There are 16yr old alcoholics in the real world, but TV shows hardly ever portray teen life in any realistic way.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I feel like I should watch it because otherwise I'm betraying WHAT IS TRUE TO MYSELF (for Trachtenbergian reasons) but yet I haven't gotton around to it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It does not appeal to me.

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
So, I kept watching. It was fairly hard as the first six episodes ranged from "utter crap" to "painfully awful" but episode 7 finally paid off. Ever since I'm kinda, somewhat enjoying it (ep 10 now).

CaptainWacky

Is Trachtenberg in it yet?

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
Yep, Trachtenberg just showed up and played what's by far the meanest character yet. Got done with S1 today so I'll probably move on to S2 tomorrow.

There was one rather critical moment that made me stop watching for about two weeks. Cringe-worthy stealing stuff. Complete BS.

CaptainWacky

Sexy mean?

CaptainWacky

I'm not Tomtrek, so I won't hit you. But watch out for him.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
The only way I'd watch is if voice-over girl Kristen Bell got some screentime.

CaptainWacky

Why? She's plain.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Veronica Mars is one of the best shows in the last 10-15 years. Season 1 may be in the top 5 of all time, in my book. And yeah, KB is hot as FUCK in Veronica Mars.

CaptainWacky

She looked plain in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
Here are some recent Kristen Bell pictures. Apparently she's got cellulite.
kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176486_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176487_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176485_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176488_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176490_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

kristen-bell-bikini-2-FP_3176489_Bell_Kristen_KKP_062109.jpg

In other news, I finished watching season two today so I'm all caught up. Wonderful happy endings all around and Madame Trachtenberg will be back next season.