Letterman: Blackmail Plot

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I always knew he was a perv!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
So he admitted on his show that he'd cheated on his wife with staff members, so that the blackmailer wouldn't have any power over him? Is that it?

Well, seems like a brave thing to do and maybe his wife was cheating on him with Hulk Hogan all these years anyway. It would be better if he'd cheated with guests he's had on the show (Natalie Portman.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
So he admitted on his show that he'd cheated on his wife with staff members, so that the blackmailer wouldn't have any power over him? Is that it?

That's what I'm getting from the story so far as well.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It doesn't surprise me that a rich and famous guy cheated. It surprises me that an attractive young girl would want to sleep with a cranky guy like Dave.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Is he married to the girl he used to flirt with on his show years ago? I think she worked in another building or something.

Big Dick McGee

No, he married the gal who played Peg Bundy on that old Fox show.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
No he didn't.

Big Dick McGee

In my mind he did, THOUGHT POLICEMAN!

CaptainWacky

John Locke nearly married her.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Hes only been married fairly recently, so maybe the affairs were some time ago.

Big Dick McGee

Letterman has a son, Harry Joseph (born in 2003), with Regina Lasko. Harry is named after Letterman's father.[45] In 2005, police discovered a plot to kidnap Harry Letterman and ransom him for $5 million. Kelly Frank, a house painter who had worked for Letterman, was charged in the conspiracy.[46]

Letterman and Lasko, who had been together since 1986, wed during a quiet courthouse civil ceremony in Choteau, Montana on March 19, 2009.[47] Letterman announced the marriage during the taping of his March 23 show, shortly after congratulating Bruce Willis for getting married the previous week. Letterman told the audience he nearly missed the ceremony because his truck became stuck in mud two miles from their house.[48] The family resides in North Salem, New York, on a 108-acre (44 ha) estate.[49]

He's been with his wife since 1986...I don't think the girl he slept with (his assistant) was older than 4 or 5 in 1986 LOL. So I'm sure he was with the wife when he had the affair.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He was with his wife, but she wasn't his wife at the time. And timelines haven't been established as to when these affairs took place, and I would bet that they all happened before the baby came along.

He came forward on national TV, with no bullshit or equivocating or denial or excuses. Unlike so many supposedly moral politicians who try to legislate the Bible and then get caught with the nanny, or some twink in a public bathroom. And then have the balls to fight it, and keep being hypocrites after being caught red-handed.

He gets a pass from me. It's between him, his wife and whatever god he believes in. No women are coming forward saying he was a bastard. He slept around some. In the grand scheme of Hollywood depravity, that's a parking ticket.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The paper this morning said he had the affair before he was married. People have been cheating on their significant others forever, so he's no worse than millions of other people, except he's a celebrity and has some money. It really seems like Letterman is a big target for the wackos!

CaptainWacky

I bet Jay Leno doesn't get as much pussy.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Leno has been married to the same simple, non-celeb woman for almost 30 years.
Met his wife while performing at a comedy club in Los Angeles. Mavis was in the audience, and she laughed at all his jokes at the right time.
They have several hundred million dollars and no children.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
The audience was chilling. As Letterman was telling the creepy story, the audience was laughing. Even worse, when Letterman admitted to cheating on his wife, the audience applauded him.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Leno also has a vast garage full of the most expensive cars known to man

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The audience was chilling. As Letterman was telling the creepy story, the audience was laughing. Even worse, when Letterman admitted to cheating on his wife, the audience applauded him.
People keep saying that, but they have only been married since earlier this year, even though they had a child together 6 years ago. The timeframes about what happened when aren't known.

He hasn't said whether or not his wife is/was already aware of it. They've been together in some form for 23 years so I'm betting yeah, she was.

This is one case where I think it's their business, and not mine. I don't need to know all the details.

And he told the story in a way that was honest without being melodramatic or sensational, and I think people appreciated that. No need for him to do some mea culpa with tears yet. No one asked him to be perfect, just funny.