Looks like the Thor movie is going to suck.

It's either meant as an ironic joke, or someone is trying too hard to be "multicultural". It's just a very strange thing to do. The Norse gods were reflections of the society they were designed for. Which, were all white. It's a truly bizarre thing to cast a black actor as a Norse god. It would be like filming a WW2 movie and casting Will Smith as Tojo.

Dirk has a point. They are Norse gods...they'd look like Norsemen.

However, boycotting the film? PFFT, retards. It's a comic book movie.

In the sequel the Norse gods catch Heimdall looking at Sif and whistling, so they hang him from Yggdrasil. Turns out it was Loki's fault but they kinda just sweep it under the rug...

In the sequel the Norse gods catch Heimdall looking at Sif and whistling, so they hang him from Yggdrasil. Turns out it was Loki's fault but they kinda just sweep it under the rug...
Everything bad in Norse mythology can be traced back to Loki in some way. He's the Bart Simpson of the pantheon.

Actually, I changed my mind. I'm now completely in favour of the boycott and will support it. Thor is not white. He does NOT have blue eyes. THOR LOOKS LIKE THIS, DAMMIT!

43597164313879892102.jpg

Everything bad in Norse mythology can be traced back to Loki in some way. He's the Bart Simpson of the pantheon.

Loki came by one day and said, "I get that you're the god of thunder, but why are you holding that Hammer?"
His brother said, "Because I'm THOR!"
Loki said, "That's because you're holding it too tight, thilly. You only thqueeze on the UPthtroke!"

Back