Louis Theroux: I've adopted my carpet

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
BBC2 tonight at 9pm!

Here is the blurb
Louis visits the community of individuals who have adopted household items legally as their children. He spends several days with 62 year old Texan Mildred Mogadishu who has adopted all of the carpets within her house. Most of the interview is conducted wearing plastic bags on their feet so they don't hurt her "precious woolly" An awkward moment occurs when he suggests the spare bedroom carpet may be a little synthetic for his taste.

The programme also meets 45 year old Georgio Theopiludoious from Santa Monica who has decided to adopt his bedside cabinet. Georgio breaks down in tears at one point as he admits to be attracted sexually to his own adopted furniture. Louis nods a lot and touches his chin a lot in this exchange.

Finally, a touching scene between Theodore Grimcrack shows his tattoos he has dedicated to his leather sofa. Louis comforts him as he explains how he finds it difficult when American Leather ads come on the telly. He sees them as lost children. Louis asks him a lot of questions like "Have you ever been afraid of cows?"

Should be good!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hear Louis sits on one of the "children" at one point!

CaptainWacky

He gets away with it by being EXTREMELY ENGLISH.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, I wish we had him on our TVs being extremely English. He could interview the woman addicted to eating the stuffing in her sofa.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
LOUIS (V/O): I'd come to Texas, home of a proud furniture making industry, that was also harbouring a little known group of eccentrics. I wanted to find out what made some people choose to adopt their household belongings and in some extreme cases, develop close emotional attachments... some of them rumoured to be sexual in nature.

MAD WOMAN: Hi Louis! Hi Louis! Hi Louis! I'm Mildred.

LOUIS: Hello, I'm Louis. From the Beee Beee Cee.

MAD MILDRED: Hi Louis!

LOUIS: Oh hey, is this your sofa?

Louis points at what is clearly a sofa.

LOUIS: Can I ask you something? Would it be okay if I sit here... ?

Louis bends into a seated position over the sofa, but Mad Mildred starts slapping him on the backs of his legs.

MAD MILDRED: No!! It would NOT be okay! Nobody sits on Bob, Bob is Gary's and Gary's only!

LOUIS: Who's Bob? Is the sofa Bob? Is Bob the sofa? Is sofa the Bob, Mildred?

ANGRY MILDRED: YES.

LOUIS: Do you, do you sit on Bob ever? Do you ever sit on Bob? And who's Gary?

ANGRY MILDRED: NO! No one sits on Bob. Bob is Gary's. Gary is the shag carpet.

Louis raises his eyebrows in a "one for the viewers at home" knowing eyebrow wiggle.

CaptainWacky

I liked when that shelf fell down and the woman started crying and Louis said "were you in love with the shelf too?" and she said "no, I'm scared of earthquakes!" then the camera went all shaky.