Mad Men 6x06 - 'For Immediate Release'

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Lots of EXCITING THINGS happened in this episode! So many lives thrown off balance, so much potential for the rest of the season (and next, which is supposed to be the final year).

And yet, even though so many EXCITING THINGS happened, the hour still felt like a slow buildup to something bad, like every other episode this year. I don't know what's going to happen with the doctor, but keep an eye on him.

But Don found his balls again! And he has...Megan to thank for it? Maybe her mother's advice wasn't bad for once. I loved her dissing Mrs. Jaguar in French at the dinner table. And hooray, Fatty Jaguar is gone!

I understand Joan's anger at Don upon finding out, and the reason she gave, but she has to remember that Don was the only one against her sleeping with the creep in the first place, saying that Jaguar wasn't worth it. Turns out he was right in the end. And she's still a partner. (Although I wonder who's still going to be in the boat in this merged company -- it will be top-heavy with partners).

Pete could be one of the shake-offs, seeing as we just watched him reach the abyss. WHEEEEEEEEE! Little creep. Seeing Don and Roger feeling triumphant at the end was satisfying, especially since it coincided with Pete's downfall (LITERALLY HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS, GET IT?), lol. Loved how he was dressed in black the whole time after the ax fell.

Loved Peggy's line before the last act: "I don't like change! I want everything to stay the way it was!" Then talking about how she loves Bobby Kennedy after Abe says there's going to be a new president. I beleive it's still May in this episode, so there's still at least a couple of weeks (in real time) before he is assassinated. Tonight's developments will take a while to travel through the agency so we can see everyone's reactions, and fates, so I doubt we're due for a time jump anytime soon.

Peggy's not necessarily happy with the merger. Don and Ted both talk like there's room for her at the top and that she's incredible, but still, even if Pete is shut out and Cooper retires, there will be a lot of names on the door. Working for both Don and Ted, and she's secretly in love with Ted. Where will her loyalties fall down the line? (That fantasy sequence where she imagined she was kissing Ted instead of Abe just killed me).

PLUS OTHER STUFF LOL.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So, will Pete and Kissass Bob and Chris Fawcett (the flyer-writer) hang out their own shingle, and grab Jaguar to fund their new firm? The firm of Slime, Kissass & Slimy Kissass?

Line of the night: Megan's mother: "She is the apple that goes into the pig's mouth!" :joker:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just started this now, just have to say HOLY SHIT JOAN'S BREASTS.

"Pete, no!"

CaptainWacky

Pete just fell on his bum lol.

CaptainWacky

Trudy's single, fellows!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
9178.imgcache.gif

CaptainWacky