Mad Men 6x07 - 'Man With A Plan'

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Or in Friensd parlance, 'The One Where Megan Is The Last Woman On Earth Not To Realize Don's An Asshole'.

I'm glad Sylvia ended it (although she probably ends it every time after they screw) -- I've reached my limit on Don's sexcapades-revealing-his-flawed-character this season. Plus, it's been done to death.

The whole Don & Ted comparing dick sizes the whole hour was kind of amusing. Wish they'd done it literally...

LOL at Burt Peterson being brought back AGAIN just to be kicked AGAIN.

Joan bursts a cyst, Bob saves his skin. Are they gonna show him working anytime soon? Does he do anything there besides kiss ass? Loved Joan's mom delivering the irony/foreshadowing line: "Honestly Joan, every good deed isn't part of a plan." Joan already knows better, but she saved him anyway.

So why doesn't Pete just toss Mom into a home if he says she can go to hell? His brother won't stop him.

They really de-emphasize Christina H's breasts in that Johnny Walker ad...her red hair would look much better with a dark green background in a Jameson ad.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Peggy and Joan, smiling with concealed knives behind their backs once more!

"How's your boy?"
"He's the man in my life. How's yours?"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I can't ever get a real handle on Peggy and Joan's relationship. Do they even like each other? Was it once we're smart, sophisticated women and we must team up to stop the sexualization of women? Not really. But sometimes I feel a sense of sisterhood amongst them.

TELL ME IF I'M WRONG BECAUSE I'M HORRIBLE AT READING SIGNALS

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
At first I thought their warm little scene together was completely through gritted teeth, and I was puzzled why. But TLo made a nice point in the recap they just posted: The two of them used to be tense around each other because they were both fighting and climbing their way up the ladder. Now, they've both achieved unique positions of power, and can afford to be a little more comfortable around each other. They're no longer a threat to each other as if there was some kind of quota; they both made it through the glass ceiling.

But I still bet they still have a couple of juicy, bitchy exchanges left in them, lol.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

SAUSAGEMAN

I can't ever get a real handle on Peggy and Joan's relationship. Do they even like each other? Was it once we're smart, sophisticated women and we must team up to stop the sexualization of women? Not really. But sometimes I feel a sense of sisterhood amongst them.

TELL ME IF I'M WRONG BECAUSE I'M HORRIBLE AT READING SIGNALS

If you don't have a frenemy in your life, I don't even know. I have people that I simultaneously adore and can't stand, and I act about the same way with them as Peggy and Joan do.

Tisiphone

I don't have many friends, and the ones I do I don't treat them as frenemies.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My frenemies are piano bar acquaintances. We annoy the hell out of each other, but we are BOSOM BUDDIES as we buy each other drinks and make sure the room knows how BELOVED we all are as REGULARS.

KISSES!

Tisiphone

Can I count my dealer as a frenemy? That's the only person I can think of...