Mad Men 6x13 - 'In Care Of'

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Here's the thing -- I love this show, and I've found that sometimes, the internet kind of ruins things I love by over-analyzing them, lol. I've taken to live-commenting on episodes over at Tom & Lorenzo's site, and in doing so I end up missing so many little moments and important details that whiz by. So I need to not do that anymore, and wait till after I've seen the show a couple of times before letting loose on the internet.

This is the word of the Eggs.

(I was floored BTW -- they managed to save the season in one episode! More later.)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Wouldn't Pete get rid of Bob by now if he believes Bob's boyfriend literally murdered his mother?

(Yeah the big Don scene was great.)

"Vixen by night."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Bob didn't give Pete the chance -- he struck first when he deliberately goaded Pete into getting behind the wheel of that car knowing that Pete would embarrass himself. After Pete had given him a dressing-down (ooh!) last week, and then talked about 'accessory to murder' this week, I think Bob had had enough of him. So he got him dumped off Chevy.

The thing I'm unclear about is, why is Pete suddenly going to California? I think they cut a few lines somewhere that explained that part. Is he going to be the sales guy for Ted, or was he just going to his brother's to settle the estate? I need to watch it again, some people on the internet are still confused about that part as well.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

IT WASN'T JUST THE GAYS GASPING.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
THE GASP WAS GAY THE PEOPLE WEREN'T. IT'S A THING.

CaptainWacky

Tom and Fucking Lorenzo?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I love them. They are the world's gay uncles.

CaptainWacky

Did we ever find out why Pete's going to California (I didn't get it either)?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think Matt Weiner is the only one who knows for sure. People all over the Intertubes are still asking the question.