Mad Men Season 6

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
First dribblings of newslets:

AMC’s ‘Mad Men’ Heads To Hawaii For Season Premiere

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday October 17, 2012 @ 5:22pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: What did Hawaii look like in the late 1960s? We’ll get a glimpse in the Season 6 premiere of AMC’s Mad Men. I’ve learned that the New York-set drama series is headed for a secretive two-day shoot on the islands. Sources say it will involve actors Jon Hamm and Jessica Pare, who play husband and wife Don and Megan Draper on the ad agency show. The two, joined by a very small crew, are expected to leave Sunday. As usual, Mad Men mastermind Matt Weiner is keeping things close to the vest, but I hear that the scenes will be part of Mad Men‘s sixth-season premiere. I hear Weiner and fellow Mad Men executive producer Scott Hornbacher did location scouting in Hawaii in late September. There is speculation that the scouting trip had not been authorized by Lionsgate TV, which produces the Emmy-winning drama, and that the studio may have initially objected to the shoot. Weiner and Lionsgate have long tussled over the budget for the series, which I hear has been substantially increased going into Season 6.

Season 5 of Mad Men ended with Hamm’s Don Draper sitting alone at a bar after helping Megan book an acting job with his connections — helping her advance in a career that has strained their relationship. A woman approaches him asking if he is alone, and the scene ends with him pondering the question.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is it coming back in March like it did this year?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Too early for them to make an announcement about that. That's probably up to the network -- they're spoiled now that they have Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels so they can be picky.

Also, it started in March last year because of the extended delay from the previous year over contract negotiations, so I would bet it will come back in the summer like it used to. BUT WE SHALL SEE.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]SaFLd-hVKFY[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Not as good as Star Wars Call Me Maybe (but nothing is) but still good...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Mad Men is Back!

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 in Whiteboard

‘Mad Men’ will return for its sixth season on Sunday, April 7 at 9:00 pm ET/PT with a special two-hour premiere written by creator and executive producer, Matthew Weiner and directed by executive producer, Scott Hornbacher. Following the premiere, on Sunday, April 14, “Mad Men” will return to its regular timeslot at 10pm ET/PT with an episode written by Jonathan Igla and Weiner, and directed by Jon Hamm.
8470.imgcache.jpg

8471.imgcache.jpg

8472.imgcache.jpg

8473.imgcache.jpg

They do know how to make high fashion photos.

CaptainWacky

So we'll have it and GOT on the same day again. TO WANK OVER.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[youtube]tqyzxpqm9BE[/youtube]

33 DAYS!

CaptainWacky

That seemed a bit cheap.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah, a low-cost teaser.

SAUSAGEMAN

That article in the OP is so cute. Finally, science has progressed to a point where we can find out what Hawaii really looked like in the 1960s!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TWO-HOUR PREMIERE TONIGHT!!!111

NO OTHER SHOW IN THE WORLD MATTERS FOR THE NEXT 13 WEEKS!

(Yeah I know I'm dreaming, LET ME DREAM YOU THRONERS! NYAH!)

It's amazing how a show can promote itself for weeks without showing one second of actual new footage. EVEN JJ SHOWED UP ON CONAN WITH 3 SECONDS OF NEW TREK!

"SQUEE" HE SAID, STILL DELIROUS FROM HIS CHRONIC INSOMNIA!

CaptainWacky

It's okay to like more than one tv show at once (or like seventeen shows in my case usually.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm just being defensive because so many of you like so many shows together that I don't watch.

DON'T MIND ME JUST WATCH IT!

SAUSAGEMAN

I only watch Mad Men because it has a teenaged girl in it.

(I'm really looking forward to the On The Next Mad Men every episode.)

CaptainWacky

Currently watching (of currently airing shows): Game Of Thrones, Mad Men, Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Community, Person Of Interest, Dexter (it's a bit better this season!), Arrow, Grimm...will watch Defiance and PROSSIBABLY Hannibal. Okay that's not seventeen.