Magic Mike

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Saw it.

Wasn't the worst film I've ever seen.

Definitely intended for a limited audience.

Lots of promise, just never got there.

Channing Tatum can come dance in my living room anytime.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Yeah - it is worth $1.30 at Redbox. As long as you aren't expecting much from the movie it is worth watching on one of those nights when you don't have anything else you'd rather do. The story was severely underdeveloped especially in characterization. The story is supposed to have a transformation plot but it never quite makes it. Channing Tatum is a powerfully physical man and this movie showcases that well. The rest of it is, "well, okay, lets watch the guy dance some more."

eloisel

Forever Empress E
LOL - that was just it. It should have had a little more male stripper in there and a little less attempt at a serious plot line.

Did you or did you not just die laughing - at least just a little - when you saw Matthew McConaughey in that little yellow top????

Love Child

One Love
LOL - that was just it. It should have had a little more male stripper in there and a little less attempt at a serious plot line.

Did you or did you not just die laughing - at least just a little - when you saw Matthew McConaughey in that little yellow top????

I died laughing when I took my mom to see this movie and she had no idea what it was about.

I also died laughing the day it came out, I was eating dinner near the theater, and the parking lot was the fullest I had seen it ever. And then I noticed all of these ladies walking together and I thought there must be some event happening. I asked the security guard (yes we have security people everywhere) and he didn't know either. So I looked at the movie list and figured it was the Magic Mike.

My guy friend really wanted to go just so he could sit in an audience full of women.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I went to see some other movie the night it first came out. There were three cordoned off sections for people to wait in line to see Magic Mike opening night. Most of them women. When I saw it late last night the movie had been moved to one of the smaller theaters and it was packed. Mix of people - young, old, women, male couples, male/female couples.

What did your mom think of it?