Marcus Brigstocke and Jimmy Carr.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
They're on Would You Lie To Me having a Barely-Funny-Off. Even Terry Christian and Jamelia are more fun with this.

OK. Maybe not.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Hmm. You mean to say there's a panel show airing on British tv that doesn't have David Mitchell and Victoria Coren picking up a pay cheque?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
DAVID MITCHELL IS WORTH EVERY PENNY

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He is, but I'm getting sick of seeing that same purple silk shirt every couple of days. It's like working in a gay launderette.

Still, anything's better than Clive Anderson smirking through yet another unfunny aside.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I want to see more of Robert Webb. He was awesome on both HIGNFY and You Have Been Watching recently.

CaptainWacky

Robert Webb hosts a really bad "movie mistakes" show on BBC3 or 4 where he pointes out things like "Spider-Man's shoes changed between shots!" which nobody could possibly care about, so it's a bit of a waste. Though I was flicking through the channels and stopped when he was showing a clip of 17 Again with Michelle Trachtenberg in it.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen that and it sounds like I'm not missing much but I have been very impressed with him whenever he's been on any of the various panel shows which these days do seem to be a bit of a David Mitchell carousel (I STILL LOVE HIM THOUGH!)

CaptainWacky

I want David Mitchell to speak at my funeral.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Arrange to have a desk in front of the altar, with four other celebs sat around it being asked questions about a subject which can be summed up using a moderately familiar turn of phrase ("Would I Lie To You?", "Have I Got News For You?", "You Have Been Watching", basically, any sentence with the word "you" in it...) and he'll be there with bells on!

CaptainWacky

AND HE'D BE BRILLIANT, OKAY

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"Hi, I'm Frank Skinner and welcome to 'It's Your Funeral'! On David Mitchell's team are Reginald D Hunter and Rob Brydon, while Bill Bailey has Rich Hall and Victoria Coren! Right then, let's get on with the service!"

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
The Robert Webb movie mistakes thing is truly dreadful.

Even my 10 year old got bored of it, and he would watch a programme on hindu knitting presented by Lady Victoria Hervey.

CaptainWacky

"Oh uh, looks like Mary Jane's hair changed slightly between takes. What's the matter, Kirsten Dunst, too many DRUGS UP YER NOSE?"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
SHOCKING QI GUEST APPEARANCE REVEALED ON TWITTER

RealDMitchell: Right, I'm off to a QI recording. Hello if you're coming along!

CaptainWacky

GOOD, he's one of the better guests. Complain about Rich Hall being on and sitting there looking uninterested and only speaking twice in the episode if you're going to complain about something!

Also someone who was at a QI taping posted on DigitalSpy that Bill Bailey is a prick.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Did they give any context? Maybe he was just trying to do his thing when some rabid DS person turned up wanting him to be funny.

I like Rich Hall when he does actually say something, but I much prefer Reginald D Hunter (who's only been on QI once, but has also been on HIGNfY four times, as well as YHBW, 8Oo10C, WILTY, NMtB, and It's Only a Theory).

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Bill Bailey took part in the Labour Party Election Broadcast. My estimation of him went down immediately. He's still fucking funny though - as for being a prick to fans, imagine how quickly you'd get fed up with scores of people coming up to you, before you feel like telling them all to fuck off.

CaptainWacky

Lots of cool people did Labour ads.