Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Smith (aka the new Dr Who)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
was on Jonathan Woss's chat show this evening. Of course it's still early days and we won't really know what he's gonna be like til next week, but we got some strong indications tonight.

I've been on the optimistic side of skeptical so far, but I reckon he lost a few Whovians tonight. The clip they showed was pretty dull, but it was out of context so maybe the less said about it the better, but personality wise, I found him pretty annoying. Pretentious. And he didn't remember one of the best Tennant episodes (people will be out for blood!). It's obviously not his dream job in the same way it was for his predecessor, but Who knows what he'll really be like...

i approve of dr.who - he was one of our 1970's role models,

he's a little callous, but ultimately good,

"kids of today" have footballing rapist thugs as role models for the boys, and "margarine legs" (ie. spreads easy) tarts for the girls.

dr.who is ok, he's old school, i think he should be encouraged.

I've been on the optimistic side of skeptical so far, but I reckon he lost a few Whovians tonight. The clip they showed was pretty dull, but it was out of context so maybe the less said about it the better, but personality wise, I found him pretty annoying. Pretentious. And he didn't remember one of the best Tennant episodes (people will be out for blood!). It's obviously not his dream job in the same way it was for his predecessor, but Who knows what he'll really be like...

Really? I thought he seemed quite nice and just got confused at annoying Ross asking annoying questions. And I liked the clip they played with THAT PHOTO.

Also he's got Who points for me because he likes Tomb of the Cybermen and Patrick Troughton (the best Doctor)

DWM has heard a rumour that the new Doctor particularly enjoyed The Tomb of the Cybermen...

"He phoned me one evening about The Tomb of the Cybermen and he was on the phone for about 20 minutes!" Steven recalls. "Just raving about it, about how brilliant it was, and how fantastic it was and how much he loved Patrick Troughton. From that point on, I think the bow tie was a given. I don't think there was any getting out of it! [...] I'm absolutely certain from that point on that Matt was just going to wear a bow tie, whatever we did!

I found him really annoyingly posh and he kept answering questions in overly verbose and formal terms. Not at all charming, that's for sure. I did like it when he was talking about whatshername, though.

I thought he seemed a decent chap. Maybe he rambled a bit at some points. But he didn't seem UPHIMSELF or anything. And I liked the clip.

And Amy is nicer than a nice thing.

Tape it, not seen it yet, and while it was nice to have a complete Who nerd actually play Who, I dont think that should be a requirement for getting the role.

I'd rather they hired someone good for the part than someone who had watched every single episode.

And if the first episode isnt that great, well it took Tennent a while to hit his stride too.

Toerag needs to be shot point blank by cannons loaded with RTD scripts engraved on razorblades.

Finally seen the Ross interview, loved the library card with the first Doctors face on it, still you don't have to worry about books been 50 years overdue when you have a time machine.

hmmm the more leaked stuff ive seen, he seems a little quirkier then tennent, itll be intresting to see how he portrays that little dark undercurrent in the doctor, that eccleston had and tennent touched upon...

If they really want to "shake things up" they should make the Doctor a black negro colored person. I guess they're afraid he would only travel to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.