MLK Day: A Thought

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Monday is the day we celebrate a dead cupcakeer.

If someone kills four more, we'll get an entire week off.

Lessee...

Al Sharpton?
Jesse Jackson?
Oprah Winfrey?

That's three... who would else make it a bridge game?

The Question

Eternal
Kamau Kambon. A truly deserving soul.

Cranky Bastard

Barack Obama - before we elect a muslim resident.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Darthsikle or Harvey Keitel

The Question

Eternal
Well, Kambon has to be on the list somewhere. Any black man who calls for the extermination of whites on national television has certainly earned himself a view of the other side of dirt.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I see Marty still pwns you all from the grave :bigass:

Atlas_Collins

Tell me, Jack, do you get goose bumps when you hear Brotha Martin reciting his "I have a Dream" speech that he plagiarized verbatim from the Rev. Archibald Carey, who first made that speech in 1952 at the republican national convention?

Didn't know that about your cupcakeer hero, did you?

jack

You remind me of the shit stain in my underwear after I have a wet fart. Sticks to my ass until I shower again, then I can get the stench off.

Atlas_Collins

jack said:
You remind me of the shit stain in my underwear after I have a wet fart. Sticks to my ass until I shower again, then I can get the stench off.

I asked you a question, shitstain!

Did you know that Martin Luther King plagiarized his "I have a Dream" speech verbatim - as in word-for-word - from a speech given by Rev. Archibald Carey at the Republican National Convention in 1952?

It's a simple question, Jack, and it's very understandable that you might not know that the man whom leftist swine have turned into a racial demigod wasn't quite the paragon of virtue you've been led to believe all these years.

jack

No I never got goose bumps from anything King said. It was never an issue to me about the authorship of the speech. Truth be told, I hadn't even considered that in any conscious thought until your post.

Doesn't have any influence on my opinion of the man, and what he did for civil rights. Something a honky cracker asshat like yourself should be able to appreciate.

Practice what you preach, cupcakeer.

jack

Simple enough answer? I find your hatred of the man distatefully interesting.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Martin Luther King, what a hate filled man indeed.

I can see why you all hate him so, it'll be to do with his speeches full of bile and the encouragement of violence.

Cranky Bastard

His speeches and positions encouraged segregation and racism.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Atlas_Collins said:
I asked you a question, shitstain!

Did you know that Martin Luther King plagiarized his "I have a Dream" speech verbatim - as in word-for-word - from a speech given by Rev. Archibald Carey at the Republican National Convention in 1952?

It's a simple question, Jack, and it's very understandable that you might not know that the man whom leftist swine have turned into a racial demigod wasn't quite the paragon of virtue you've been led to believe all these years.

I was not aware of that. Is it really true?

Only the last two minutes of the speech. Here is an unreliable exfcerpt from Wiki:

Approximately twenty percent, the last two minutes, of King's historic speech bears a resemblance to a speech delivered several years prior by Reverend Archibald Carey, a personal friend of King's. Many, however, believe that the comparisons are so slightly similar that they do not rise to the level of plagiarism.[7] See Martin Luther King, Jr. authorship issues.

Cranky Bastard

There's an entire book on MLK's plagiarism available at Amazon - and more than just two minutes on that speech. That sounds like some fanboy's scoffing dismissal as an admission and then equivocation.