Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NAOMI IS EVIL :rwmad:

MAY AND CATE ARE HAPPENING!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GODZILLA SAVES HUMANITY BECAUSE HE SHIPS THEM.

CaptainWacky

So it turns out neither of them was the real grandfather lol.

I thought next week's was the finale but there's actually two so I guess next week is Shaw, Cate and May in the Hollow Earth and the finale is just 50 uninterrupted minutes of Godzilla killing things with no dialogue.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He really should have waited until they were outside before setting off the bombs!

CaptainWacky

I don't understand how Tim, Kentaro and the others will survive (but they will.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Godzilla will save them!

CaptainWacky

Grandma is alive!

How come Lee is still so fit if he spent 30 years drugged up sitting in front of the tv.

Is it going to be 2055 when Cate, etc get out of the Hollow Earth or will it CONVENIENTLY somehow end up they can return to the present day.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Dammit, the show always ends TOO FAST. At least we know why Shaw is so young.

CaptainWacky

I GUESS Shaw/May/Cate/Keiko could come out in 2024 and Kentaro and the rest are like "it's been 9 year!" and they're like "we can be in the new movie!"

CaptainWacky

Well, it was only 2 years. I guess next season we get to watch Kong eat a giant banana!

STILL NO LESBIAN MAKE-OUT SESSION WTF.

Lee will obviously still be alive, not sure they they bothered doing the thing where he's left behind unless he makes friends with a dinosaur or something.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was that the finale? :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

Yes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Over all, I thought the show was good and fun to watch. I liked the characters and the story was interesting. What I didn't like was how each episode kinda led nowhere. They'd end each one on a sort of mini cliffhanger, but the payoff when the next episode started was kinda blah.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I enjoyed the show OVERALL but it dragged a bit around the middle. There was a whole episode where Cat/Ken/May were going to the dad's office in San Fransisco where not much happened and they didn't need a whole episode for that. And Monarch itself as an organisation are just really dumb and bad at everything, but I guess that's the point since the good guys end up going to work for an obviously evil woman at the end. OBVIOUSLY as it was a tv show I wasn't expecting big monster fights every episode but the CGI did always look good when we saw the Titans and the Godzilla fight in the finale was intense fun.

CaptainWacky

Can't wait for the sex scene.