Moth herder

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
It was here that we lost interest in the park and began asking the students about their lives. “What’s your major?” “Do you live with your parents?” “How long have you been studying English?” While Hugh and Naomichi talked about the declining popularity of sumo wrestling, Student No. 2 and I discussed the majesty of nature. “What wild animals do you have in Tokyo?” I asked.

“Wild animal?”

“Do you have squirrels?”

No response.

I pretended to fill my cheeks with nuts, and the young man said, “Ah, sukaworra!

I then moved on to snakes and asked if he was afraid of them.

“No. I think that they are very cute.”

Surely, I thought, he’s misunderstood me. “Snake,” I repeated, and I turned my arm into a striking cobra. “Horrible. Dangerous. Snake.”

“No,” he said. “The only thing I am afraid of is moutha.”

“The snake’s mouth?”

“No,” he said, “moutha. I maybe saying it wrong, but moutha. Moutha.

I was on the verge of faking it when he pulled out an electronic dictionary and typed in the word he was looking for, ga, which translates, strangely enough, to “moth.”

“You’re afraid of moths?”

He nodded yes and winced a little.

“But nobody’s afraid of moths.”

“I am,” he whispered, and he looked behind us, as if afraid that one might be listening.

“Are you afraid of butterflies too?” I asked.

The young man cocked his head.

“Butterfly,”I said, “colorful cousin of the moth. Are you afraid that he too will attack?”

Hugh overheard me saying this and turned around. “What the hell are you two talking about?”

And Student No. 2 said, “The wildness.”

Mirah

I love you
Is that the land of Mothra?

I shall now produce photos of said lovely moths I have seen

Mirah

I love you
These all look like the same one to me.
I have some butterflies as well
Here is that moth again

fqGRtGv.jpg

Mirah

I love you
I mean obviously there would be varieties, I guess I just dont' think about thier names

tqNb2U7.jpg

Mirah

I love you
It's crazy to think about how many undescribed insect species there are out there. These are really good!

Seriously. Soo many. When I lived near the city I did not see as many butterflies. When I moved to the mountains-there were so many up there. I was so glad because I had just assumed many of them had gone extinct, which sadly they probably have.

Thank you.

Mirah

I love you
Ok. Done posting pics for now.

I did a reverse google search on the eye moth

Smerinthus ophthalmica