Movies seen in 2024

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Many people didn't watch this week's SNL because the host is a comic who was hired to be in the cast several years ago, but was soon fired after making racist remarks on social media. For some reason, Lorne thought it would be cute to have him back as host...

I was happy to see a distinct lack of SNL-related traffic on SM last night. The only thing trending on my TL was Bowen Yang, because people had this idea that he would protest or something, but it turns out the two were friends then and they still follow each other, and in fact they hugged at the goodnights, so that drama was all in viewers' heads...

But opinions on the show were definitely politics-based. A lot of incels declaring Bowen Yang sucked and was never funny, and why didn't they keep the other guy instead, etc. And then everyone else reacting to these toxic incels. So it was a minor shitshow. But threads like that on Twixxer just make it easier for me to find more accounts to block, lol.

Mirah

I love you
I finished watching "Oppenheimer" last night.

It wasn't what I expected. I appreciated learning of the history that I did not know and it was interesting after watching "Einstein and the Bomb" docudrama on Netflix.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Poor Things (2023) - It's good Disney+ have movies so quickly sometimes. Emma Stone just won the best actress Oscar and, while I haven't seen all the other nominess, I'm pretty sure she deserved it as she was excellent in this. The way her performance changes throughout as her character "grows up" (or whatever you'd called it) is often subtle and always compelling. It's a pretty long movie but it's beautiful to look at and I never got bored. And yeah there's lots of sex but it's important to the plot! It's a great movie.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The flash 2023.

It's not great, but it was good seeing Keaton again.

Sometimes it looked like they got tired of having the split screen with two flashes and just had a really bad CGI Barry for one of them.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Damsel (2024) - I probably shouldn't have watched this. It's clearly not aimed at me (and that's fine!) Look, let's be honest, I watched it for Millie Bobby Brown but I should have thought about it more first. It starts pretty boringly in a generic fantasy land with princess stuff and whatever. I quickly decided to play Switch or surf the internet during it. Then it picks up a bit when Millie's dropped down a chasm and has to escape a dragon (voiced excellently by Shohreh Aghdashloo), but even then there's a lot of crawling around a cave. The special effects range from pretty good to unconvincing. It doesn't excelt in any area (other than dragon voice casting.) I just need to learn that I can't watch everything anymore. I used to think I would live forever and I could just watch anything I was vaguely interested in. I'm old now. My time is precious. Nothing against the movie, it was probably fine, I just need to grow the fuck up.