Moving

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
So, I'm moving for the first time with an actual household. Previously I've never had stuff like furniture of my own to transfer, utilities to stop, et cetera. It's totally amazing how many different organisations you need to inform of your change of address; I think I've finally got almost all of them (banks, magazine subscriptions, internet, DMV ad infinitum), after nearly a day of consistent effort. With pretty much all of the logistics taken care of, now I just have to wait for the moving guys to show up on Friday, and I'm fucking done with LA forever. At nearly three years, it's been a really long time, and I can't say I'll miss this area. This will be a pretty major life change, and to say that I'm extremely excited would be quite an understatement. ^^

Anybody who has lived in L.A knows it's overpriced and overrated. They do have fine waitresses, but most of them not worth talking to...

Agreed. I lived out in Glendale for awhile. I'd visit California again but I wouldn't live there again. Often it is quaking, on fire or sliding into the sea. Living in a natural disaster zone just isn't for me.

Thankfully this part of California is several magnitudes better than SoCal, at least from my still somewhat limited experiences. But once I graduate, I'm out of this shithole state and never looking back. ;)

Agreed. I lived out in Glendale for awhile. I'd visit California again but I wouldn't live there again. Often it is quaking, on fire or sliding into the sea. Living in a natural disaster zone just isn't for me.
My aunt lives by 54th. I never knew Los Feliz would be so long, but it only took me 10 minutes to get to her house. Believe it or not, the rent is fairly cheap. It's just that the economy is sour. In LA, you have to pretend like you're Hispanic, you know speak Spanish, because of all the wannabees. Somehow, they've a bigger problem stealing your schtick, if you do it foreign, and can genuinely speak the lingo. Suffice it to say, we dial "1" for English, because you never never, ever want to dial "3" for German, or "4" for Russian. They will bury you. Breathe not one word of this anywhere else. Here, we pay 900 for an apartment in neighborhoods worse than Watts.

I don't see how that leads to everybody pretending to be Hispanic! Being a minority generally isn't cool no matter where you are, LA included.

Back