Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving

Thankfully this part of California is several magnitudes better than SoCal, at least from my still somewhat limited experiences. But once I graduate, I'm out of this shithole state and never looking back. ;)
Any particular region you'd like to end up in? I'd imagine some place must've stood out, from all your travels.

I'm probably gonna wind up in California at some point later in life. Wifey loves the place and longs to return; I lived in Berkeley for a year and I can probably deal, as long as I don't have to settle anywhere south of Sacramento (although some places along the coast like Monterrey & SC are certainly nice.) Probably not gonna happen unless I strike it rich or we eventually retire --unfortunately her occupation marries her to NYC as well.:shrug:

Any particular region you'd like to end up in? I'd imagine some place must've stood out, from all your travels.
In the long term, I'll probably end up back in Seattle. Mostly because once my parents drop, I'll inherit an awesome place. Unfortunately my family has a history of longevity, so it might take 35-40ish years for that to happen. Until then, wherever my studies take me, and once I've got all the degrees I want, ideally somewhere on the Mediterranean. Maybe Cyprus.

I'm probably gonna wind up in California at some point later in life. Wifey loves the place and longs to return; I lived in Berkeley for a year and I can probably deal, as long as I don't have to settle anywhere south of Sacramento (although some places along the coast like Monterrey & SC are certainly nice.) Probably not gonna happen unless I strike it rich or we eventually retire --unfortunately her occupation marries her to NYC as well.:shrug:
What's north of Sacramento? Dunno, as far as California goes, I'm really partial to the Bay Area. Berkeley's a lot of fun, and the political atmosphere throughout the area is head and shoulders above what you'll find anywhere else in the state (IMO, at least). Do you want to come back here, or is it more her?

What's north of Sacramento? Dunno, as far as California goes, I'm really partial to the Bay Area. Berkeley's a lot of fun, and the political atmosphere throughout the area is head and shoulders above what you'll find anywhere else in the state (IMO, at least). Do you want to come back here, or is it more her?
I guess I meant nothing south of Sacramento in the central valley...I wasn't thrilled with places like Fresno & Bakersfield. Bay Area's fine...most of it. Berkeley was preferable than most. Tell ya the truth, it's mostly her --she just want to be able to ride horses year-round. I could totally live there, but I'd miss things like a decent newspaper & changes of season. Living on a part of the earth's crust that occasionally likes to dance a jig makes also gives me agita.

Agreed. I lived out in Glendale for awhile. I'd visit California again but I wouldn't live there again. Often it is quaking, on fire or sliding into the sea. Living in a natural disaster zone just isn't for me.
Hey! I lived in Glendale for awhile, too. I used to enjoy watching the local comedy of errors they called a City Council meeting every week.

Did you ever visit Porto's Bakery?

Oh, and it's not Hispanics that have taken over Glendale. It's Armenians.

Armenians? I didn't think they were that far north. Most of them were in our area, Normandie, sunset bl.

Uh yeah, no. Glendale is the Armenian hub in the LA area (the entire Western Hemisphere, really). Sorry Neon, but I don't think one week in LA was enough for you to judge the demographic trends. :S:

That is not true. He was excited. I am not understanding your post Neon.
Not that it matters anyway, or we can ask him. When I see random threads with Dual, I like to bump them, and share. It us a good reminder to me, and memory. Plus I saw someone in a store this weekend, it could have been his relative! Looked very much like him. So I was thinking about him this weekend.

So Dual.. how did things turn out?

I used to live in Cali back in the early 90's in San Jose. I stayed right in the heart of Silicon valley right down the street from San Jose University. The cost of living was sorta high, but I would be willing to give up almost everything to get back to the wonderful sunsets and beautiful palm trees. Half Moon Bay wasnt very far from me. I really enjoyed the beaches and seafood there. Aside from Germany, they had some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in.