Mr. Sulu finally comes out of the closet

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
We all knew it, it was patently obvious. I am suprised he bothered to come out with it after all this time though.

BlazerBoy

The Question said:
Well, that adds a whole new dimension to the Sulu-and-Chekov-hiking-in-the-woods scene in ST 5. It's all Dan Fogelberg's fault -- he almost got Denis Leary, too, you know.

Oh god, I'm not ever going to be able to watch that movie the same again. Chekov and Sulu have clearly gone off to the Final Frontier together.

:eggs:

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
This is about as shocking as Tara Reid showing up at a party where alcohol is being served.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
sulu1.jpg

whisky

Boobie inspector
It also makes me wonder about how good natured the story was when someone taped a picture of a naked woman to the inside of that viewer he was always looking into.

I guess Demora was adopted.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Didn't they do the same thing to Nimoy? :lol:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
BlazerBoy said:
I'm still reeling from this disclosure. I'm only half gay, but I never smelled it on him. Never in a million years. I must be losing touch with ma gay bretheren. O_O

Did you not see any of the thousands of posts about it on TrekBBS over the last five years?

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Whenever the rumors are as persistent as they were with Takei, they are generally true. People have been talking about Takei's homosexuality for as long as I can remember.

This makes you wonder about Tom Cruise. Rumors of his homosexuality are just as persistent as were those of Takei's, and Cruise actively seeks to keep anyone who works for him silent about what goes on behind the closed doors of his home.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Tom always struck me as a guy who'd suck a dick if presented to him.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Rumor has it that many a dick has been presented to Tom, and that's why his housekeepers and nannies have to sign non-disclosure contracts that would cost them millions of dollars were they to talk of what they see inside the Cruise household.

The Scientologists also provide "safe houses" for their more famous members in which they can do various things with impunity.

You hear all of this shit when you live in L.A.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dont know why he doesnt come out, its not like he wont get action parts if hes gay, Ian Makellan still gets kick arse parts.

BlazerBoy

CaptainWacky said:
Did you not see any of the thousands of posts about it on TrekBBS over the last five years?

Well, I always thought TOS was too ghey, so I never ventured into that forum.

*Prepares to get fired by Bonz*

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
whisky said:
I guess Demora was adopted.

No, he just did a Cary Grant: gay, but did the husbandly/fatherly duty when he had to. It does explain why he could also accept a 5-year mission, though. ;)

Manly men, on a manly ship, exploring the galaxy with other manly men! YO-HO!!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
whisky said:
I dont know why he doesnt come out, its not like he wont get action parts if hes gay, Ian Makellan still gets kick arse parts.

Ian McKellan is British. All British actors are assumed to be gay anyway, so he's not a fit analogy.

Tom could have come out if he had made the decision years ago. But he's spent so many years denying it and pushing his "church" and making other various speeches, that if he came out now he would probably be derided as the biggest hypocrite in history, and not work again for that reason, not for being gay.

Scientology would take a big hit too, and people like Travolta and whoever else would be running scared. The Church has a huge interest in keeping their secrets secret.

I'm just waiting for someone to go ahead and say "fuck the agreements" and publish a photo they have in their possession, it's bound to happen someday.

bo130

I came for the cookies
Eggs Mayonnaise said:
Ian McKellan is British. All British actors are assumed to be gay anywayy.
Well...that and the fact that McKellan actually knows how to act.

The Question

Eternal
Ol' Johnny Travolta is probably also as gay as a Clinton domestic policy decision.