My actual John Nettles story

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Here is John Nettles
4996.imgcache.jpg

He is a bit of a legend in the UK, having appeared in cop shows and other soft Sunday night drama regularly since the early neolithic period. His most famous role was "Bergerac" where he played a free wheeling detective solving crimes on the rather safe island haven in the channel islands.

I was in a restaurant in Jersey and had become annoyed over a small matter and left in a rather schoolboy huffy manner. As I left I noticed Mr John Nettles with his family having a lovely meal. His party contained small children who looked like his grandchildren.

Having completed my huff to thorough satisfaction, I returned to the restaurant and was entering as the Nettles party was leaving. I attempted to keep the door open slightly longer than was really necessary. My eagerness to "bump" into Mr Nettles was a little awkward and as a result my foot dragged behind me a little slowly.

At the same point, the three year old grandchild of Mr John Nettles was running through and I managed to catch her on my heel. She went flying and I had to beat a hasty retreat apologising. There was a little laughter, as thankfully she did not knock out any teeth, or claim I tried to stab her.

All in all, a throughly awkward "famous person" meet story.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I went to Jersey three times as a kid, and he was drinking in the bar at our hotel the first time. This was 1984 and he was very well known from Bergerac at the time. My old man had a chat with him, I had no idea who he was but was happy to talk to him about the Star Wars figures I had with me.

Kermit

Banned
I went to Jersey three times as a kid, and he was drinking in the bar at our hotel the first time. This was 1984 and he was very well known from Bergerac at the time. My old man had a chat with him, I had no idea who he was but was happy to talk to him about the Star Wars figures I had with me.

Did your old man also suck his dick.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
No, but you're about to suck mine. I'll consider it a good night when you choke.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I went to Jersey once and didn't see John Nettles. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I once saw Bob Holness in Woolworths. Now they're both dead.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jersey sounds pretty cool, but not as cool as the Isle of Man.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What about the Isle of Skye? How the fuck does that work?

CaptainWacky

Donald where's your troosers!

CaptainWacky

NEED MORE HEADVOID STORIES.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
how EXCITING

CaptainWacky

He never did tell us the John Lewis story.

CaptainWacky

Jimmy Savile's never been to Jersey...he says.