My Advice: never get married.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Hopeless romantics, submissives, those who believe in Love, I say this: don't ever get married.

Seriously. I figured I had the 'perfect' marriage. Open, honest, passionate. All for naught.

She gets the house (but my Son keeps in in trust...hope he doesn't sell it on his 21'st birthday and disappear with the cash), the stuff in it, and her "puppy". I get my freedom and keep my 401k. Call it a wash.

Meh. 13 years of knowing her, 12 sleeping with her, 10+ married...down the drain. And all for a female who needs to "find herself" outside of the freedoms I allowed and encouraged for her. At least she didn't leave me for another woman (which is what I always thought would happen if we ever did get divorced).

And yes, everything in this post is true.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Divorce is never anything but ugly, and the only advice I have is, don't make it ugly in front of the kids. If she's a cunt, they'll figure it out on their own. And if she gets nasty with you, take it with a smile and occasionally remember to thank her for cutting you loose. Nothing drives an ex crazier than thinking you're happier than they are...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
PS I'm single. Can I get her number?

Consumer

Elder Statesman
PS I'm single. Can I get her number?

She's all yours.

I'd only feel a twinge of guilt in passing on my problems to another dude (but she's still hot, so it's your call).

Consumer

Elder Statesman

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I have never labored under the illusion that forever was a guarantee. It's why I always took breakups so stoically and (my theory) why my exes always got so nutty AFTER the breakup whether they initiated it or not. Most people looking to end things are subconsciously expecting, or even wanting, a big emotional fight scene like in the movies. When you respond with "Okay. See ya..." or just shrug and walk away, it sends a message of disinterest that really pisses people off.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
In all seriousness, we get along pretty well on a lot of levels, and we'll always be "involved" to some degree because of my son.

It's not a "fight and walk" situation, just an ending because what she believes she wants/needs are different from what I can give and expect from her. (shrug) Very non-dramatic.

We'll still be friends. She asked if she can still 'date' me occasionally (because I make her eyes cross pretty well), right now I'm thinking "no". Don't cry for me, my bed won't remain cold for long unless I Choose to let it grow that way.

Sex is a common coin. But relationship is not.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
It's always tough when kids are involved. You can never fully break away from the other person. It makes the breakup last for as long as your child lives.

kristaok

I agree with the above poster... You should fuck her one last time but make it really kinky and shit.. and just post dat shit here!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Obviously you don't know me.

"kinky" is normal in our case.

And no free nudes, just post your CC number and I'll consider it.

Iyhara

I'm high
In all seriousness, we get along pretty well on a lot of levels, and we'll always be "involved" to some degree because of my son.

It's not a "fight and walk" situation, just an ending because what she believes she wants/needs are different from what I can give and expect from her. (shrug) Very non-dramatic.

We'll still be friends. She asked if she can still 'date' me occasionally (because I make her eyes cross pretty well), right now I'm thinking "no". Don't cry for me, my bed won't remain cold for long unless I Choose to let it grow that way.

You selfish prick.

Consumer

Elder Statesman

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I actually get along with my ex a lot better now that we are divorced. Took a while, but we are. PM if you want some advice.

Seph

Retired Account
is it bad advice tho?

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach

Backsliding after a more-or-less amicable breakup can seriously erode the "amicable" part, but my lengthy experience with it never involved a marriage or a kid, so maybe it's different, i.e. workable, under those circumstances. Better the devil you know, and all that.

Always sorry to hear of a marriage breakup when my own late-starting marriage is still in the doe-eyed shmoopy stage after 2 & 1/2 years. Anyway: more power to ya.

Iyhara

I'm high
Consumer said:
I won't sleep with you either...so I understand the bitterness.
You, like typical men, missed the point. The divorce was clearly your fault. It's sad that you got a kid involved, and you're damn well lucky your ex gives you the possibility of dating. You don't deserve that.

And I wouldn't consider sleeping with jerks like you.