My sleeping hours.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Insomnia and lack of sleep can eventually lead to you forgetting names of things. You might look at an Elephant and just not know the name of it.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Mine have been more jacked up than usual. Of course, it doesn't help when my friends call me at 1 am in the morning because they know I'm an insomniac. Just because I don't sleep much doesn't mean I'm not trying to.

Or the little text messages that ask if I'm up and can he come over? GRRRRRR!!!!

I feel your pain, Mentalist.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I have a hard time staying awake, probably not as annoying as not being able to sleep, but still frustrating!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'm becoming addicted to sleep aids. I have a very high-stress job, I'm responsible for a lot of projects so I have lots of balls in the air at all times. Couple this with a very long daily commute, and I find myself physically exhausted but mentally wired at all times. I go to bed at 9:30, immediately fall asleep, and then proceed to wake up 5-7 times a night. It's frustrating, I'm waking up because my mind is racing about all of the things I need to do the next day, and I'm afraid of not waking up in time. This is despite the fact that I've NEVER overslept in my 15 years of working a 'real' job.

So, I started taking Advil PM. It not only knocks me out, but it keeps me from waking up. I take one per night instead of 2. Been doing it for about 2 months. But....last night I took one at 10, and still woke up 2 times. I'm probably starting to develop a tolerance for them. Losing weight would help me sleep better, but I have a feeling I'll be one of those people that will be addicted to sleeping pills. *sigh*

I feel for ya all.

One word: MENOPAUSE.

Tisiphone

I just had a nice little 45 minute nap on the couch at work. GOOD TIMES!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My sleep cycle actually shifted so far, that I've finally arrived at the point where I'm tired at 1AM and wake up in the morning hours. It started at the point where I was tired at 3-4AM and woke up in the late morning. But the cycle moved 22 hours to reach its current state, not merely 2 in the other direction. Did that make sense?

Tisiphone

No. But we're all sleep deprived so there ya go!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Can't stay awake when I want to, can't sleep when I need to.

Tisiphone

^Sounds like a country western song!!

;)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sandman. Can't sleep with him, can't sleep without him.

Tisiphone

No, but we can kill the little fucker and steal his bags.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Under normal circumstances, I can survive with around 6 hours of good sleep. However, my morning commute involves about an hour of sitting in stop-and-go traffic to get the last 14 miles to work. If I don't get 7 hours, I find myself literally nodding off in the car. NOT SAFE. So my life during the week is basically drive-work-drive-dinner-bed. LOL