Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wisdom teeth are coming through

Laker_Girl said:
I do not now nor have I ever had wisdom teeth. Yes, let the jokes begin.

My dentist was very impressed and commented that I am fully evolved.

Well, we didn't need your dentist to tell us you're fully evolved! :)

My story? Well, I waited until I was in my late 20's. My teeth were so impacted, the pain would get so bad I'd have headaches and the pain would be so intense I'd have to gargle with salt water. Luckily, my wife is the smart on in the family, and she made the appointment with the oral surgeon. They cut out all four in the same day. Surprisingly, my face didn't swell up so much, and the pain was bearable.

But I damn sure wouldn't want to go through it again!

When I was 14, my dentist pulled two of my eye teeth to make room for my wisdom teeth. My current dentist says that is a crazy idea and never heard of doing anything like that, and yet....it worked.

I think mine came in a couple of years ago. I was in tremendous pain on and off for a few months. Then it went away. I haven't been to a dentist in seven years.

Big Dick McGee said:
Well, we didn't need your dentist to tell us you're fully evolved! :)

My story? Well, I waited until I was in my late 20's. My teeth were so impacted, the pain would get so bad I'd have headaches and the pain would be so intense I'd have to gargle with salt water. Luckily, my wife is the smart on in the family, and she made the appointment with the oral surgeon. They cut out all four in the same day. Surprisingly, my face didn't swell up so much, and the pain was bearable.

But I damn sure wouldn't want to go through it again!

I'm 28 and this is pretty much what sent me friday to the dentist, but i still got the right side to get out.

What do they mean by impacted? Is that when it curves so much, that it's a total biotch to pull?

My bottom one had to come out in pieces w/ lots of drilling and pushing, pulling, tugging. My face is still swelled, but no oral surgery just lots of numbing and now beer.

Same as mine HEY WELCOME BACK..

My bottom right one impacted into the next one and they both had to come out. They had to section the wisdom tooth into quarters and like I said broke my jaw. I guess the infection from the bacteria had spread everywhere. The didn't suction properly either, so I swallowed some blood and went all exorcist on them when I came to.

DarthSikle said:
When I was 14, my dentist pulled two of my eye teeth to make room for my wisdom teeth. My current dentist says that is a crazy idea and never heard of doing anything like that, and yet....it worked.

Sure, but now you can't see out of your mouth!

I'd totally sue.

I know when my wisdom teeth come in it's going to hurt like a bitch and i'm prolly gonna have to have surgery for it.....when my last molars were coming in oh I don't know....around 14 there was no room for those...they hurt like a bitch, so I know there's no room for my wisdom teeth...shit.

As long as they give you lots of nice drugs, it's not so bad. And make sure you go in for a follow up to get the sockets cleaned out and make sure there's no infection.

Take ALL of your antibiotics. And make sure there's someone who can stay home with you, because you will want to take the pain pills.

jack said:
Same as mine HEY WELCOME BACK..

My bottom right one impacted into the next one and they both had to come out. They had to section the wisdom tooth into quarters and like I said broke my jaw. I guess the infection from the bacteria had spread everywhere. The didn't suction properly either, so I swallowed some blood and went all exorcist on them when I came to.

Thanks!

Mandi said:
I know when my wisdom teeth come in it's going to hurt like a bitch and i'm prolly gonna have to have surgery for it.....when my last molars were coming in oh I don't know....around 14 there was no room for those...they hurt like a bitch, so I know there's no room for my wisdom teeth...shit.

Look at it this way- they don't have to open you up to operate.

Wow. I must be blessed with a big mouth. ;)

When I had my lowers removed, it was simple. Two shots of novicane, a punch, and that's all she wrote. The doctor gave me a shot, waited for about 15 min, then came in with the punch and said that we'd try the easy way first. The stuck the punch in, I felt some pressure, and then heard a crack and the nurse said "don't let him swallow it". The other side came out just as easy, except the "swallow it" part.

The uppers came out just as easy, but hurt more because the dentist didn't give me the tylonol w/codine that he did the first time.