Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nascent Drama

Tips

Keep in mind that many versions of Gibberish are slightly different. You may need to learn a new "gibberish dialect" if you want to communicate with some folks. A common variation uses "thg", "diggadee", "ithica", "dither" or "ither" instead of "idiga".

In some versions, for words that start with vowels: A becomes "adiga", E becomes "edige", I is "idigi", and U is "udigu"

In Northern England, a popular variation on idiga is iviga, thus making "dog" into "divigog" and so forth.

Another variation is to place the letters "uthug" before each vowel. For example, "hello" would be "huthegelluthego".

Another variation is to place the letters "ib" before each vowel. For example, "hello" would be "hibellibo".

"Egg-Language" is another variation except put the word "egg" into every syllable. Take a hike = T(egg)ake (egg)a H(egg)ike. Just remember to pronounce every broken syllalbe as you would normally say it, and not as I spelled it. Example "head" = is pronounced "h(egg)ed"

Another is "Pig Latin," in which you take the the first letter of the word and put it on the end, then add an "ay" after that. So now "food" would become oodfay. Or "Dog" would be ogday.

The Swedish equivialent of Gibberish is "rövarspråk" (robber language). In it, you replace each consonant x with xox, so "nej" (meaning no) becomes "nonejoj".

Other languages can also be turned to Gibberish. Swahili is a good example because most words don't have compound consonants. The added letters are "~rg~". Asking for a glass of water in normal Swahili is "Nataka maji". In gibberish Swahili it becomes "Natargaka margaji". You can try a similar technique in other languages.

One common version is to add "itherg" after the first letter of each consonant. Example: Bottle becomes bithergottithergul. For a syllable starting with a vowel, replace the "i" in "itherg" with the vowel.changing guy into gigiguy so it would stay the same and for girl it would be gidigirl the same but she would be sidighe

Remember, you musnt say silly things like 'diddly' like Ned Flanders, because if you do, others are bound to catch on

I never said I was.

However, I was posting in this forum before you. The day it was created, no less.

Too many people have forgotten this. But I haven't forgotten you and the Batfan! thread. You had more posts than anyone else in this subforum from its conception onwards.

Lets keep it goin then!

Unless you post twice in a row, or your name is Falconarg, I'll continue to give you green if you post in here. :)