New edition of CBB on Channel 5 in late 2012 (and beyond)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Celebrity Big Brother: Extra series ordered by Channel 5 for 2012

Published Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 10:09am EDT | By Alex Fletcher

Celebrity Big Brother will return for another series this year on Channel 5.

Following the ratings and critical success of the January series, which was won by Denise Welch, the broadcaster has ordered another run to air before the end of 2012.

Channel 5's original two-year Big Brother deal with Endemol included one celeb edition and one non-celeb edition of the show each year.

Amy Childs, Jedward, Kerry Katona, Frankie Cocozza and Bobby Sabel have been among the contestants on the reality show since it moved away from its original broadcaster Channel 4.

According to The Guardian, the non-celeb Big Brother has been cut back to ten weeks to accommodate the second celebrity series. However, the ten-week non-celeb run is still longer than last year's Big Brother.

The purchase of Celebrity Big Brother has generally been regarded as a smart move by Channel 5 as it has secured it some of its highest ratings in its history and helped the broadcaster regularly beat Channel 4 and even on occasions ITV1 and BBC Two in the 10pm timeslot.

Rumors about the new celeb series lineup have already begun circulating, with the Daily Star recently suggesting that footballer Freddie Ljungberg may be taking part in the show.

No fake condescending cows this time! More rehab vets!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ten weeks is the perfect length for a normal BB anyway (unless it's really bad, then it's still too long.)

Let's all pretend we're not going to watch CBB then watch it anyway!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Bobby Sabel should've won! He was ROBBED!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Let's start a GET EMMA PREGGERS AGAIN petition!

She's a better host when she's knocked up.

CaptainWacky

She's a better host when she's not reading a script of endless wank jokes.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
She can only riff on the material the housemates give her.

LOL MATERIAL = SPUNK LOL

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Channel 5 sign two-year deal with Endemol UK to broadcast Big Brother

03-Apr-2012

Channel 5 can today announce that they have signed a new two-year deal with Initial, an Endemol company, for exclusive rights to broadcast Big Brother until the end of 2014.

The series has proven to be huge ratings hit for the channel and a firm favourite with reality TV fans. Since Big Brother’s launch on Channel 5 in 2011, five million new viewers have come to the Channel 5 family.

The launch show of Celebrity Big Brother in August 2011 was the most popular commissioned show in the channel’s 15-year history. Celebrity Big Brother has averaged three million viewers during its two runs.

While Celebrity Big Brother was on air (2011 & 2012 series), Channel 5 was the most popular commercial channel amongst young people across the 9.00pm - 11.00pm slot. .
The first ‘classic’ series of public Big Brother (September 2011) averaged 1.7m over its 10-week run, with viewing to the 9-11pm slot increasing by 54% amongst 16-34 year olds.

In addition, during the traditional summer run of Big Brother this year, Channel 5 will also be airing a second celebrity series of 2012 following the ‘classic’ series. Brian Dowling will be returning to present the main live show.

Big Brother’s spin-off show ‘Bit On the Side’ will also be returning with host Emma Willis. TV’s most iconic voiceover artist Marcus Bentley will also be returning to report on the housemates’ antics!
YEAH I DON'T THINK WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT ARCHIVING THIS FORUM AGAIN FOR A WHILE EH MATEY ARRRRRRRRRRRRRlol

CaptainWacky

It's good news if they actually mange to make a good series...THE JURY'S STILL OUT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
LIVE FEEDS YOU CHEAP MOTHERFUCKERS! :rwmad: (Not that I can see them but still)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Before you know it they'll be doing BB year round. Winner stays on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Josie would like that.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Before you know it they'll be doing BB year round. Winner stays on.

Not a bad idea, start with ten, every week one out, one in, every week they manage to stay in they get £2,000.

If anyone walks they forfit their winnings.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But oh, the smell.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Just wait till 4DTV hits the stores!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Janice Dickinson tipped for Celebrity Big Brother 2012

April 26, 2012 08:08 by Josh Darvill

Supermodel Janice Dickinson is reportedly being lined up for the new series of Celebrity Big Brother 2012.

A new run of the reality series is set to start in August on Channel 5, after Denise Welch won the first of this year’s runs back in January.

According to the Daily Star, former I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here contestant Janice Dickinson is on the short list of potential housemates.

The newspaper claims the 57-year-old held talks about entering the house this month.

“Janice is a reality star,” a supposed insider told the tabloid.

They added: “She wound everyone up on I’m A Celebrity. She’ll really shake up the [Celebrity Big Brother] house.”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/bi...celebrity-big-brother-2012.html#ixzz1tB0dX3Tl
I prefer her US reality TV work, where she is constantly surrounded by near-naked (sometimes all-naked) male models.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure she won't be annoying at all!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Wow...she's 57?

I imagine she will break apart like Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her during a grueling physical challenge.

CaptainWacky

There's been a huge amount of rumoured names but I can't be bothered starting the "rumoured housemates database" yet.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Black rapper who turns out to be a sweety. If he's your friend he'll be the best friend you ever had, cuz.