New misery/Sissy maker

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I run four miles a day five days a week. Two flat, one uphill, one down. Because I'm a badass. Or at least I was until this morning. Yesterday I bought this 20 lb./9 kilo vest.

20lbs. you say? Pfft.

Well let me tell you this my fine furry friend - First, I felt pretty damn stupid running around dressed like that. By the time I got two blocks I was over that and I actually wondered for a second if I was going to have to turn around. You would be surprised how heavy 20lbs. gets and how fast. I had no idea I was such a whiny pussy. I hope to somehow pull myself off the teat someday, quit crying and firm up.

4711.imgcache.jpg

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's why overweight people get heart attacks.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
That makes a lot more sense now. Jesus, twenty lb's extra 24/7 would fuck your body.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
When I hear/read something like this, I am reminded of Milo of Croton, who used to carry a calf on his shoulders for hours each day and thus managed to still do so even after the calf had become a full-grown bull.

Which is to say - start with 5lbs and work your way up. Better for your muscles that way, both heart and sceletal ones. ;)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
That's why overweight people get heart attacks.

I think that may be a myth. I'm 310 pounds, lead a mostly sedentary lifestyle, and ate mostly Taco Bell and McD's for 2 years.....where's my heart attack, bitch?:rwmad:

jack

I think that may be a myth. I'm 310 pounds, lead a mostly sedentary lifestyle, and ate mostly Taco Bell and McD's for 2 years.....where's my heart attack, bitch?:rwmad:

Just give it time...you're young yet. It takes a while to catch up.

jack

I might travel to Glens Falls just to punch him in his fat chest a few times.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I might travel to Glens Falls just to punch him in his fat chest a few times.
Careful, you might start a FLABBALANCHE

(and let me add to the growing chorus of wishing no heart troubles upon Loktar --mostly because I'm leading the same lifestyle. I ain't 310, but I'm older & have a family history.)

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I don't know if I could ever do the walking/running-with-weights thing because a) I'm already walking around every day with 50 pounds I could do without, and b) back when my job involved a lot of heavy lifting & walking around with heavy things, I once had to carry a 150 lb something-something about a hundred yards or so, wearing a new pair of sneakers with a pronounced arch, and I wound up blowing out both my feet, followed by a 2-year-long case of Plantar Fasciitis that left me with 1/2" bone spurs on my heels. I still lift heavy stuff, but I don't walk around with it, and have become very picky about my footwear.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
The arch supports in the shoes fucked up your feet? When I was 50lbs heavier I had to add support to my shoes. Maybe I had it backwards?

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
The arch supports in the shoes fucked up your feet? When I was 50lbs heavier I had to add support to my shoes. Maybe I had it backwards?
My case was more a injury than the effect of a sustained condition --although I've been told it's not uncommon. The arches pushing up, along with the weight I lugged around work that one time, basically worked in concert to tear the tendons between my heel and toes. Ergo, Plantar Fasciitis.