Nietzsche For The Tea Room

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"This is the manner of noble souls: they do not want to have anything for nothing; least of all, life. Whoever is of the mob wants to live for nothing; we others, however, to whom life gave itself, we always think about what we might best give in return...One should not wish to enjoy where one does not give joy."

Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra (1885)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"Paul thought up the idea and Calvin rethought it, that for innumerable people damnation has been decreed from eternity, and that this beautiful world plan was instituted to reveal the glory of God: heaven and hell and humanity are thus supposed to exist - to satisfy the vanity of God! What cruel and insatiable vanity must have flared in the soul of the man who thought this up first, or second. Paul has remained Saul after all - the persecutor of God."

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Wanderer and his Shadow

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"Freedom means that the manly instincts which delight in war and victory dominate over other instincts, for example, over those of "pleasure." The human being who has become free - and how much more the spirit who has become free - spits on the contemptible type of well-being dreamed of by shopkeepers, Christians, cows, females, Englishmen, and other democrats. The free man is a warrior."

Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols (1888)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"There are ages in which the rational man and the intuitive man stand side by side, the one in fear of intuition, the other with scorn for abstraction. The latter is just as irrational as the former is inartistic. They both desire to rule over life: the former, by knowing how to meet his principle needs by means of foresight, prudence, and regularity; the latter, by disregarding these needs and, as an "overjoyed hero," counting as real only that life which has been disguised as illusion and beauty."

Friedrich Nietzsche, On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense (1873)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"That every will must consider every other will its equal - would be a principle hostile to life, an agent of the dissolution and destruction of man, an attempt to assassinate the future of man, a sign of weariness, a secret path to nothingness."

Friedrich Nietzsche, On the Genealogy of Morality (1887). Essay 2, Section 11

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"Without cruelty there is no festival: thus the longest and most ancient part of human history teaches - and in punishment there is so much that is festive!"

Friedrich Nietzsche, On the Genealogy of Morality (1887). Essay 2, Section 6

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Donovan

beer, I want beer
A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
There is no teacher greater than experience, there is no punisher greater than fate, for fate is a patient mistress, but she forgets no one

Friedrich Nietzsche

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
The downfall of too many noble men, is the upkeep of too many seductive women

Friedrich Nietzsche

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
"Now I disappear and die ; in a moment I shall be nothing, for the soul is mortal as the body; but the complex of causes in which I am involved will return, and it will continually reproduce me."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Ahh aint that cute - A half a little PI/Real name troll.

Just like I told you to.

Atta boy!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Good luck with that.

Not only have you never come close to upsetting me. You aren't capable.

Keep trying.

Maybe if you keep saying it it will become true.

Homo Erectus

Maybe you're just another loser hiding from his family on a message board because they don't like you any more than I do. Maybe. Yeah you're spending some real quality time with the fam right now buddy. You keep winning.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Um...nope. Still not upset.

You really need to work harder. You just aren't very insulting.

Homo Erectus

yeah, it's hard to get upset at something on the internet isn't it? That must be why you're spending so much time responding to my little japes. Because you don't care.