Nightmare on Elm Street remake (this Friday)

Dr. House

Administrator
At first I was forgiving of the fact that Robert Englund was being replaced with Jackie Earle Haley, and I was even ok with the new make-up and glove design, but with all the new ads showing more and more of Haley's Krueger, I am feelin it less and less.

He looks like what all Nightmare directors feared every time they had to use a stunt-man in replacement of Englund. He walks like a typical "ghoul". The sinister swaggar of Freddy is lost. Hopefully these commercials are misleading.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
At first I was forgiving of the fact that Robert Englund was being replaced with Jackie Earle Haley, and I was even ok with the new make-up and glove design, but with all the new ads showing more and more of Haley's Krueger, I am feelin it less and less.

He looks like what all Nightmare directors feared every time they had to use a stunt-man in replacement of Englund. He walks like a typical "ghoul". The sinister swaggar of Freddy is lost. Hopefully these commercials are misleading.

It doesn't look very promising to me. Let me know if it is any good. My daughter was a big Freddy fan.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
It doesn't look very promising to me. Let me know if it is any good. My daughter was a big Freddy fan.

This will NEVER outdo the Origional :tsk:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AytCMB0YW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0AytCMB0YW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Dr. House

Administrator
Oh no....
2010's Nightmare isn't just flawed, but without any merit whatsoever, amongst the worst of Platinum Dunes' cinematic abortions (Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning, Amityville Horror) and as bad, if not worse, than the truly terrible Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge and part six, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
Full article w/spoilers: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20025

I always liked part 2, just for the simple fact that Freddy had a real dark and evil tone to him, more so than any other movie.

Most other reviewers consider it to be crap, that the original is far superior (of course).
Hopefully I'll see it tomorrow.

I think it would be best to have a fanatic give a review.
For example, a lot of critics thought that New Nightmare was a good movie, but I thought it sucked such ass as a Freddy movie. I was so offended for what they did to the look and concept of Freddy that I can't even judge on its quality as a movie alone.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Wait, the first one was done by Craven, and of all in the franchise is a standalone in the genre, period. That's Rick Bakers animatronics.

I'm not even gonna bother with this one, I'm afraid.

Dr. House

Administrator
Just got back from the movies and it wasn't bad.
If you're a fan of Freddy you should like it, but it is a different Freddy.
He's creepier and they push the fact that he's a child molester. In fact, that's all he was. He molested the kids, abused them, but never killed them. He returns to kill them in their dreams because they ratted him out and their parents burned him to death.
Haley is no Robert Englund. I guess it's a difficult thing to strike a memorable pose, as Englund always could, because Haley looks like a stiff and there's a good amount of him doing it in the movie.
The movie itself could've been constructed a little bit better but it wasn't as bad as most the critics said.
Like I said, if you like Freddy you'll enjoy this movie, but you certainly won't love it.

Hopefully it does well enough so they get a chance to redeem themselves with a sequel.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
In the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy was a child killer, and/but did not molest the children. Correct?

Dr. House

Administrator
Right. Originally Wes Craven had him as a child molester but changed it to "murderer" because there was a bunch of molestation cases going on at the time (1983-84) and he didn't want it to look like he was cashing on it.

I remember years ago that internet descriptions had him listed as a molester, and it seemed pretty commonplace to the point that semi-official descriptions (ie comic books and such) followed suit.
He got sexual in Freddy vs Jason. It makes more sense to have him as a molester.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yeah, we saw it last night. He's definitely more pervy than Englund, but the gore was pretty decent so it wasn't a complete waste of my time.