NO ORDINARY FAMILY?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
What is this? It looks like THE FANTASTIC FOUR a bit (the guy who played the Thing is in it even) but also Julie Benz is in it and she's hot. But is it just a family drama with super heroes or, worse, is it like Heroes?

I NEED TO KNOW IF NEW TV SHOWS ARE GOOD QUICKLY

CaptainWacky

Oh, I see from similar thread that Donovan thinks it's shite.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah, it was not good. Like Ted McGinley Happy Days not good.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
It was screwy, but I think it's got potential. Too bad it's opposite Abby Scuitto.

CaptainWacky

ABBY SCUITTO?

Tisiphone

NCIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched Glee instead. Why do they put all the shows I want to watch on at the same time, and leave Wednesday night a wasteland?

Tisiphone

Exactly. The only thing I watch on Wednesday is Criminal Minds, and I'm still pissed that they got rid of JJ last night. Inconsiderate bastards.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Well, I really liked it. Soon I will start posting 'hot chicks of No Ordinary Family' threads.

Tisiphone

Surely you just mean Julie Benz.

CaptainWacky

Maybe if it's on tv sometime or something.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
If it's Wednesday, and you ain't watching "Modern Family", then you simply HAVE NO TASTE!! Best comedy in years.

Tisiphone

Then I have no taste because it's boring as hell to me.

CaptainWacky

Watched one episode and didn't laugh once and feel completely justified in not watching it from the adverts. I can tell what they're going for but they forgot to actually make it funny. Oh look, Al Bundy and his Mexican wife are arguing about what to call football/soccer, accept that's all there is to it, just "we call things different names!" with no wit or twist. FUCK THAT SHIT AND FUCK YOU.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Funniest show on television, bar none.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My pet peeve (well more like stray peeve, since I wouldn't keep it as a pet) is that, if you took away the cinema verite style and the mock interviews, it would be just another garden variety sitcom, and about half as funny.

Since I don't watch the show regularly, answer me this: is someone really filming them in their world? Is the filmmaker a character in the show as well that never gets seen? Or do they just use the style and never bother to explain why they're doing it?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Glad it's not just me. I watched once and never laughed, then when they won some accolades I watched it again to see if I could tell who had to blow the Emmy committee.

CaptainWacky

It does't have any jokes, just "eccentric" characters who aren't actually eccentric. I HATE BDM SO MUCH NOW.

Tisiphone

Ditto on the feeling that I thought it was only me. Now I feel vindicated.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
On the plus side...No ordinary family was a LOT better tonight.