NO ORDINARY FAMILY?

Mystique

The concept doesn't appeal to me (worked for the Incredibles though), but I did watch the first 10-15 minutes of the premiere before switching channels. I suppose i didn't give it much of a chance. If I hear it is good I will give it another try.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
if this was alot better..finally caught it last night.....stupid show...what a waste of Julie Benz. :(

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
is she naked in it

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I have been here some considerable time now, and frankly I watch VERY LITTLE TELEVISION now because I get very good cliff notes from here.

Thank you MF, I have so much time in the evening to read A Game of Thrones and other such good things.

CaptainWacky

POST A THREAD WITH YOUR ONGOING THOUGHTS ON A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE AND EVETUALLY YOUR FRUSTRATION THAT A DANCE WITH DRAGONS STILL ISN'T FINISHED

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Curi if you watched the pilot don't bother. It sucked. The second episode was better in that the principals began to show that they really didn't know a thing about how to use powers. The dad gets run over like a hundred times, which was kinda funny. There were lots of pitfalls as the boy with "not-retard" powers is accused of cheating and the angst girl has the usual "can't shut 'em off" telepathy woes. She figures out that the innermost thoughts of most people are banal, boring and endless droning. Clearly she's never been to the internet or she'd already know this. Mom trips over a tricycle at mach five and gets wicked road rash, then eats about a hundred muffins for metabolism.

The ending was a surprise I didn't see coming, and that made the second episode much better than the first. But the family-drama writing is still awkward, stilted, preachy and hamhanded. I wonder if the bad guy brought 7th Heaven's writers along with him?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
^What was the ending? I ended up going out, so missed it. You can pm me with spoilers. :)

Yub

Anachrophobic
I just watched the pilot and while Donovan is 100% correct, I could excuse everything bar the OMG THE MOTHER IS WORKING AT SUPER-VILLAIN HQ crap.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I aint feeling this one folks - let me know if #3 gets better...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
^What was the ending? I ended up going out, so missed it. You can pm me with spoilers. :)
spoilers below.
The leggy cop dad is always trying to help finds him and accuses him of having something to do with the crimes. He confesses he has superpowers and she tells him next time he'll be arrested for vigilantism. Then in the closing scene she is assaulted in her apartment by the powered bad guy assassin, who has telekinetic powers, and after he questions her to find out if anyone else knew about the teleporter's powers he has her own gun shoot her in the face. It doesn't show her but the implication is she's dead. He reports that to 7th Heaven guy as he walks out of the room.

Although, if I were a betting man
I'd say somehow superfast mom raced in and saved her. They didn't show her actually getting shot, and she said "somebody help me" as he's leaving the room. My guess is, telepathy girl hears her, mom races to the scene and saves her.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Aha

Donovan

beer, I want beer

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seen the 1st two episodes, its so so, could get better, could get worse, did anyone else notice the kid was young Kirk from the movie?

I guess thats why they called him JJ.

CaptainWacky

It looks pretty dull from the adverts.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I stopped watching. It went from amateurish to banal in about two weeks.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I am nothing if not loyal, even to crap shows. But I usually let 2-3 episodes pile up on my DVR and watch them on a Saturday while the baby is napping.

It's ok, but the only charm continues to be the chemistry between Chicklis and Benz.