North Korea Attacks South with Artillery Barrage *** NO TROLL ***

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's a disputed island, idiot. The civilian casualties were warned plenty in advance that this training exercise was going down.

We need to be really careful how we respond to this. Just my op

Further

MooGoo
I'm sure S. Korea has more than enough marines, tanks, vikings, and banshee's to just a-move North's base. North is all mined out anyway.

Sir Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Aloysius Bastard I
My opinion?
North Korea needs to get the fuck bombed out of them. Just to let them know all their belligerent posturing counts for jack shit in the face of a modern military machine. I guarantee the only reason it hasn't happened is China. I've no doubt we could take them in battle as well, but it would be far more costly than if NK was standing alone. Even so, the chinks have to be getting tired of playing big brother of an asshole sibling that invites trouble upon itself. NK banks on their assistance. Without it, there'd be far less shit-talking from their corner.
I guess it all boils down to whether or not China is committed to supplying military assistance to a government that for all intents and purposes has failed miserably and stands only to be a logistical drain on China's own resources for as long as they choose to stand by them.

jack

IMO China will blink while we clean up the mess, if necessary.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I read that the main reason China is backing up N Korea is that they (China) needs a land buffer between themselves and all other potential enemies.

N Korea is nothing more than a shield to China. Nothing more!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I read that the main reason China is backing up N Korea is that they (China) needs a land buffer between themselves and all other potential enemies.

N Korea is nothing more than a shield to China. Nothing more!

Then China should have a look at a map.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Then China should have a look at a map.

I think I worded that a weee bit incorrectly :D

What I meant was that China wants to use N Korea as a buffer from land attacks from the US and its allies. Many of China's past enemies "especially Japan" tried to invade them via Korea!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
We don't want anything in N. Korea.

We want them to stop selling their weapons know-how.

So, withdraw our "tripwire" force in S. Korea. This pulls out the BIGGEST support the N. Korean government has ("The American's are at the gates and they HATE us!").

We then pay China to throttle them. Considering what we owe 'em now, that shouldn't be hard.

We could do that if we didn't have some sort of left-over cold-war pride thing going on.

jack

Koreans aren't cupcakeers, dumbass.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
No argument there.