Occupy Get A Job

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Bathe first and then get a job you wanna be hippies!!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
They don't even smell or fuck like dogs in public.

Teh horrer.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
i like it....rome is going off, some kind of half assed job is going on here, reminding young peeps were all gonna get massively taxed for the rest of our lives while the instigators & their children's children are swanning it up.
Then they will all get arrested and be all branded like dissidents and be all oppressed and shit, going to places like guantanamo & new dissident laws will get passed & then the dissidents will get friendly with the crims and forge an allegiance & there will be war.
And the lizard peeps will descend on the battle like an epic vulture, sweeping the mess & feasting on the fall out, occupying the chair of gluttony.

true story

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's bullshit. You all were mostly not even born when real hippies roamed the earth.

The Question

Eternal
Eh, my mom was one of those 'flower children' -- then she got responsibilities and grew the fuck up.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Most of the original hippies were stoned idiots who didn't know WTF they were doing either. Revolution is conceived in the minds of the wealthy, built by the hands of the angry and carried on the backs of the young. Look to our past and our future is revealed...

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
blah blah blah

get a fucking job!

Donovan

beer, I want beer
There aren't any. That's kinda the point.

The Question

Eternal
There aren't any. That's kinda the point.

And yet, comically enough, most of the same crowd in the OWS protests are also in favor of illegal immigration. Pro Union and in favor of the ultimate scabs. Big indication of why the right isn't marching right along side them -- can't take the fuckers seriously when their views are basically schizophrenic.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
It's bullshit. You all were mostly not even born when real hippies roamed the earth.

That may be true, but there are hippie game preserves close to where I live. The town of Sebastopol and a good portion of Marin County. Apparently, they're on special diets so the zookeepers instruct us not to throw food at them. Taunting the hippies is also off limits.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Occupy. Mmm...

Street theater to keep us distracted while our standard of living is slowly reduced. Yes, it's the "frog in the slow pot", but at least they give the frog something to watch as the water gets warmer.

I keep seeing these articles about how great it is that houses are getting smaller, "alternative" food sources are now ok to eat (like offal), ano how more and more it's not necessary to take care of your body (because your virtual life is more important). It is all a conspiracy. The middle class in the USA was gutted, and they are going after the bones now with the next "dip" of the recession.

I'm thinking of moving to Canada. Not that that's much better, but the population density makes it harder to find you, things are more spread out. Might buy me a few decades. I'll send my son to "summer camp" with the Inuits so he can live "rough" if necessary.

As for the hippies, hippie women are lots of fun in bed, if you can get them to shave and shower first (they'll say they hate it at first, but secretly they like it).

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Consumers right about the shit popping up in articles, uno penicillin has been restricted already, they say there is a shortage, but mould grows on tree's unlike money, so I dunno how the shortage works.

In oz...they released a statement in the wee hours that production is being wound up for export to china & investment is in mining & if you want your kids to have a decent education then one better come around to the idea of living in the desert & making a career in the mining field.
The PM also warned us not to be discriminatory about the carbon tax in regards to china not paying one, since they will be supplying the globe with products & must contend with massive poverty, the carbon tax exclusion should not dare be approached.

I think the greatest underestimation of those pulling the strings, is the innate pre-disposition for rebellion that exists within the souls of every human.
Its this rebellion that may eventually save our asses from the vamps; although North Korea managed to 'breed' it out of their people, so it may not be entirely bomb proof.

If wall street stood up and walked out ows wouldn't have the first clue what to do. I agree in spirit, but the movement seems somewhat short sighted.

The Question

Eternal
The movement is un-sighted. They have two modes of operation:

1. Rail against capitalism in general, despite the fact that capitalism is the natural and logical result of hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution, OR

2. Rail against cronyism between international corporations and our government. Now THAT one has some merit, but only a tiny minority of the OWS crowd makes that their focus, and even for them it's only a tiny fraction of the time that they focus on it.

And -- just as an off-hand:

3. The folks that are protesting against #2 might as well be part of the Tea Party, who have been demonstrating against the very same thing already and being villified by the main steam media for doing it.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
And yet, comically enough, most of the same crowd in the OWS protests are also in favor of illegal immigration. Pro Union and in favor of the ultimate scabs. Big indication of why the right isn't marching right along side them -- can't take the fuckers seriously when their views are basically schizophrenic.

It's like how so many of the pro-illegal immigration groups carry around pictures of Cesar Chavez. Apparently they didn't get the memo that Cesar Chavez was staunchly AGAINST illegal immigration.

Thank you so much for your offer of conflict and abrasion. I'm going to pass. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

The Question

Eternal
Thank you so much for your offer of conflict and abrasion. I'm going to pass. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Oh, I don't think you're going to pass. I think you're going to fail. You're already about to flunk lunch.