Officers suspended in case of woman who miscarried

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/02/police.miscarriage.ap/index.html

Two police officers were suspended indefinitely with pay Thursday as an investigation continued into their arrest of a pregnant woman who had a miscarriage a day after she was thrown in jail.The suspensions came two days after police released a videotape showing Sofia Salva telling officers during her arrest last year that she was three months pregnant, bleeding and needed to go to a hospital.
The tape shows officers ignoring her pleas. After the ninth request, the tape shows, a female officer asked: "How is that my problem?"

The officers' behavior is "inconsistent with the values and policies of this department and inconsistent with the training they received in the police academy," Chief James Corwin said at a news conference Thursday.
Salva, 32, has sued officers Melody Spencer and Kevin Schnell and the police department for wrongful death and personal injuries. Salva is seeking actual damages exceeding $25,000 and punitive damages.

It is my personal opinion that any male friends and relatives of Sofia Salva should kidnap officers Spencer and Schnell, take them to a remote area, stake them down naked, cut their genital areas open and allow them to slowly bleed to death. If I heard about this happening, I'd send a video tape of me laughing my ass off to the KC police headquarters.

Tyrant

Just 25?

The Question

Eternal
I sympathize... conditionally.

Sofia Salva

If she's an American, I sympathize. If that baby was to have been an anchor baby, well... not so much.