OK, about removing "personal" links..

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Then please remove String Theory's avatar, since it violates the rule about posting other peoples information AT ALL, including pictures of others.

Especially pictures of others.

tyia

:bigass:

jack

remove Dual's too, while we're at it.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Quoting rules and regulations isn't much fun, especially given my past record as being a breaker of many of them. Still, time pussifies many of us, and I'm no exception to the rule.

Speaking of rules:

• Just because someone has a Facebook/Myspace page with personal information does not stop them from being protected from having that information divulged here. If you feel you are a victim of someone posting your real life information (more than just a first name) then contact a staff member.

In other words, our dear Bulgarian n00b is not protected, however if we are asked to have it removed, it is up to us to consider it. An entire Facebook profile with RL names, location & DOB is certainly up there with being almost certain to be zapped in double quick time.

As for the pic - he posted it. That means he wants it here, therefore it stays ;)

jack

That's not him though :bigass:

jack

and the guy whose facebook page he lifted it from doesn't understand english at all, so he thinks ST is doing some free advertising for him.

LULZ are about to abound, I has a feeling.

StringTheorist

My previous title sucked.
Posting someone's facebook profile is the same as posting his first and third name, plus his birthday date, plus his adress, plus whatever else can be seen on the facebook page. So I think you should change that.

It's like saying that it's not allowed to write down someone's age, but it's okay if you write down his year + month + day of birth, as long as he doesn't ask anyone to remove the post.

Tell me if you are going to do something about my avatar's pic, I am going to settle all by PMs.

And if you can't prove this facebook isn't mine (or has anything to do with me), you can't post it. Or you can, but then have it removed on my request. Or whatever.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
He's a /b/tard. They oftentimes don't make sense.

Anyway, let's quote the entire rule, shall we?

• Do not post personal information of a member of this board if they have not posted it here themselves before. The first name is allowed irregardless of this rule but full names, addresses, telephone numbers, SS numbers, IP addresses and anything else that can link a member to their real life persona is strictly forbidden. This also includes posting links to members sites on social media sites where their personal information may be available. Just because someone has a Facebook/Myspace page with personal information does not stop them from being protected from having that information divulged here. If you feel you are a victim of someone posting your real life information (more than just a first name) then contact a staff member.

Now, that specifically states that PI is only disallowed for members. Non-members don't count. Therefore, if ST is actually stealing this guy's identity, he needs to register and ask us to remove the info.

We have always allowed people to post their info here. We just strongly recommend against it.

StringTheorist

My previous title sucked.
And now, since I've proven that facebook belongs to me, or to someone related closely enough to me, you can't post it at all. Except if you want to eat the banana.

Might it be better to hack one of the admin's accounts and post RLI?

I am not saying that someone should hack one of the admin's accounts. I am just asking the question.

jack