OK, youtube tags.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I went back and cleared my history and cache.

I checked some youtube links I posted from ANOTHER COMPUTER!

I've been using the embed string in the tags since.. forever.

Anyway, people (Gagh and Fuddlemiff) have complained they can't see my youtube videos.

I can see them just fine. What gives?

BTW, I've also checked using both firefox and safari. If you use IE, I don't care about you.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
It's all just a big inside joke. they can see them fine.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No we can't. Maybe it's something to do with the board's software, or maybe I should've been clearing my cache and cookies before complaining, but I've always been told it's to do with the youtube tags being done wrong. If you put the entire URL in then it doesn't work for Firefox users. Menty made a thread about it a few months back.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Seriously though. You can use either. The codestring after the = in the URL or the embed string. Hell, even SuN uses the embed string and customizes her panes. I see all of it just fine. I just checked on my PC using IE to see if I'm crazy. I'm not. So far here's what I've tested. Mac: Safari & Firefox, PC: Safari, Firefox, and IE. All of them worked fine. Both types of codestring.

You know what device I can't see youtube tags on? My iPhone. That's it....

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'm not using the URL. I'm using the embed code.

Code:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Like that.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh. We must be imagining it then.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's been explained again and again that you shouldn't use the embed code, just use the bit after the = sign (as Tomtrek said.)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Oh. We must be imagining it then.

I don't think you're imagining it. I'm just using empirical evidence to show that I don't understand why other people are having a problem.

It might be the OS' I'm using. OSX 10.5.8 and Win XP.

Is it BORKED in just Win7 and Vista?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I have Vista and use Firefox, almost every video is BORKED. Even the ones I post using only what comes after the =. Sometimes the same videos aren't BORKED one time and then the next time I look they are BORKED. None of this bothers me because I'm not going to watch the videos anyway, but I would also like to know why it happens.

Further

MooGoo
Wait...why not just use the string that Youtube itself provides for embeding videos?

I assume we see BORKED so often because Youtube sucks.

Personally I think everyone should just use URL's.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If I post a video that I know people want to see, I usually do both.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
No embed code should work here, that was supposedly blocked years ago for obvious anti-hacker reasons.

OH MENTY!...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Today, I am getting lots of error pages in general, which eventually corrects itself if I refresh enough times...