Okay, WHERE TF did all the forums go?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

MODMAN

Well there's another semi lucid / decent poster gone.

A curious strategy. The administration, rather than mercifully terminating the board with a single, brutal swing the axe, have opted to slowly choke the place to death.

The board has been left to rot in the sun for over a decade. The administration doesn't possess the drive to do anything with the board; no new blood is even permitted through the doors. Yet, they're too sentimental to pull the trigger, preferring to piss around with rejigging the layout for ... reasons.

Who cares? End this. You know you're itching to.

tenor-1.gif

#CancelTrollKingdom

MODMAN

Also - my toast thread. REALLY?

That's the cherry on the proverbial donkey anus right there. What a sad slide into oblivion...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Well there's another semi lucid / decent poster gone.

A curious strategy. The administration, rather than mercifully terminating the board with a single, brutal swing the axe, have opted to slowly choke the place to death.

The board has been left to rot in the sun for over a decade. The administration doesn't possess the drive to do anything with the board; no new blood is even permitted through the doors. Yet, they're too sentimental to pull the trigger, preferring to piss around with rejigging the layout for ... reasons.

Who cares? End this. You know you're itching to.

tenor-1.gif

#CancelTrollKingdom

If you'd posted this in 2009 you might be in charge of the website now.

The Question

Eternal
The administration, rather than mercifully terminating the board with a single, brutal swing the axe, have opted to slowly choke the place to death.

No, no, no! You're doing that wrong! When you use that phrase, you have to capitalize TO DEATH, and cap it with an exclamation point. Do you know NOTHING of MELODRAMA?!

:wah!:

Jesus. Amateurs... :no:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Probably not a good idea to alienate what's left of the userbase here. Just a thought. But do what you guys want.
My reply wasn't meant to turn you away. I was genuinely puzzled as to why you felt it was so urgent to close this place, rather than have it open for the people who do stay, or come back once in a while.

TK had an actual mission and a set of principles when it was an EZBoard in 2001. Once it landed its own domain and forum software, it became what it was rebelling against. It joined the neighborhood that it was running around egging and TPing at night. It set itself up for an identity crisis by retaining the name "Troll Kingdom" in 2002. Because trolling stopped becoming its primary purpose at that point. It started hanging a "freedom of expression" shingle which never really fit or could be sold to the public.

People have come and gone to still use TK for trolling, and some people still try to defend the "freedom" thing. But in the end, TK is a social gathering place just like all the others. The "trolling" that goes on now is mostly just old warriors nursing old, scabby grudges.

This is why I don't see the point in closing it. It served its original purpose in its first 2 years of existence -- since then it's a social hangout that different people have tried to pin different labels on.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
My reply wasn't meant to turn you away. I was genuinely puzzled as to why you felt it was so urgent to close this place, rather than have it open for the people who do stay, or come back once in a while.

TK had an actual mission and a set of principles when it was an EZBoard in 2001. Once it landed its own domain and forum software, it became what it was rebelling against. It joined the neighborhood that it was running around egging and TPing at night. It set itself up for an identity crisis by retaining the name "Troll Kingdom" in 2002. Because trolling stopped becoming its primary purpose at that point. It started hanging a "freedom of expression" shingle which never really fit or could be sold to the public.

People have come and gone to still use TK for trolling, and some people still try to defend the "freedom" thing. But in the end, TK is a social gathering place just like all the others. The "trolling" that goes on now is mostly just old warriors nursing old, scabby grudges.

This is why I don't see the point in closing it. It served its original purpose in its first 2 years of existence -- since then it's a social hangout that different people have tried to pin different labels on.

Oh it's all fine, you probably know this. I just need a break from things, everything for awhile because the last year and a half has been a complete shitshow on a number of levels. You're right about all of this, and my recollection was that we were never "trolls" to begin with, we were just labeled such by Lisa and others at TrekBBS back in the day so we sort of took that ball and ran with it for awhile. For the most part, we've always just been a group of people hanging out and trying to embrace that whole freedom of speech thing, with certain limits.

All good, Eggs.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Sooo,,,,you were just...*trolling*? :/

Love Child

One Love
Yes. SF and a few other forums are back on the main listing for now. I'm still mulling over how things are going to be organized. The forum will be updated shortly as well. If the whole site is down that'll be why.

Does this mean we can't post in the secret dungeon and torture that poster from 1979 that doesn't come around here anymore?

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
I changed my mind. I like the new board layout. with the exception of deleting 'the daycare center', but its all good. great job 'mentalist' and staff.

our old members are showing back up. the guest are viewing more. yeah!

:bigass:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
^duder!^ what is the problem of me or any active member viewing current or old threads at 'tk'? you're active bumping old threads is unpopular and.......................

:bigass:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom