Omega Point Attributes

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Here - Let this bang around in you head for a minute - (Written in the 1930s WTF?)

-------------

Five attributes of the Omega Point

Teilhard de Chardin's The Phenomenon of Man states that the Omega Point must possess the following five attributes-

1. Already existing

Only thus can the rise of the universe towards higher stages of consciousness be explained.

2. Personal – an intellectual being and not an abstract idea.

The increasing complexity of matter has not only led to higher forms of consciousness, but accordingly to more personalization, of which human beings are the highest attained form in the known universe. They are completely individualized, free centers of operation. It is in this way that man is said to be made in the image of God, who is the highest form of personality. Teilhard expressly stated that in the Omega Point, when the universe becomes One, human persons will not be suppressed, but super-personalized. Personality will be infinitely enriched. This is because the Omega Point unites creation, and the more it unites, the increasing complexity of the universe aids in higher levels of consciousness. Thus, as God creates, the universe evolves towards higher forms of complexity, consciousness, and finally with humans, personality, because God, who is drawing the universe towards Him, is a person.

3. Transcendent

The Omega Point cannot be the result of the universe's final complex stage of itself on consciousness. Instead, the Omega Point must exist even before the universe's evolution, because the Omega Point is responsible for the rise of the universe towards more complexity, consciousness and personality. Which essentially means that the Omega Point is outside the framework in which the universe rises, because it is by the attraction of the Omega Point that the universe evolves towards Him.

4. Autonomous

That is, free from the limitations of space (nonlocality) and time (atemporality).

5. Irreversible

That is attainable and imperative; it must happen and cannot be undone.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Chardin's Omega Point concept is interesting. In order to accept its premise and embrace it as possible, one must believe in a personalized God. He loses me there, though I respect everyone's spiritual and religious beliefs.

Somewhat similar, in the sense that man can evolve beyond the state of of fulfillment and awareness that most of us have yet achieved, is the concept of Self Actualization in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. To me, Self Actualization is kinda like a personal Omega Point, however it doesn't require the belief in someone mightier than oneself, nor does it require other individuals to achieve it simultaneously in order to be attainable.

Lots of other differences between the two theories/concepts as well (at least, my interpretation/understanding of them), like the potential for Self Actualization existing in each individual, yet not pre-existing or defined on a universal level for all individuals. But, for some reason I've always likened the basics of the two concepts in my mind when I try to wrap my head around Chardin's theory, ultimately rejecting it as essentially science fiction. I do accept Maslow's psychological theory of Self Actualization however.

Interesting topic...

One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again. ~Abraham Masow~

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Here's the thing - Lot's of men will tell a woman that she's attractive but they won't stick their tongue in her asshole. They'll say something like "She's beautiful but I wouldn't eat her ass." I call bullshit. Sorry fellas.

I say if you really think shes beautiful, and I mean for real here, you'll lick her asshole. Happily and without reservation.

So the point is ladies, if he says you're pretty and acts like he's attracted to you, the one way you can know for sure is if he'll eat your ass.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Here's the thing - Lot's of men will tell a woman that she's attractive but they won't stick their tongue in her asshole.

:smfcheesy: Good example of someone on a loooong journey towards Self Actualization - unencumbered by fear and unconcerned about what he/she believes "others" would or wouldn't do. If sticking your tongue in an asshole is a sort of personal Omega Point, more power to you! One step at a time...

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
If you haven't already, you should try to find the person who will lick your asshole.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Yeah, that's me - Subtle.

Teilhard expressly stated that in the Omega Point, when the universe becomes One, human persons will not be suppressed...

Again, nice example of staying on topic. If you embrace the Omega Point theory, there is no room for subtlety. Your thoughts, feelings and desires should not be supressed - whatever they may be. The answer is still "no" though, you don't appear to have that much of a sweet tooth and I don't believe in Omega Point.

cakewalk

along for the ride
Here - Let this bang around in you head for a minute - (Written in the 1930s WTF?)
----------------------------------------------
Umm, you do realize that Einstein's theory of relativity was introduced in 1906, over 2 decades before this shit, right? WTF? WTF? WTF? And, Albert's theory didn't rely on religious scripture, nor did it relate to one sticking one's tongue up another's ass. Poor Albert, if only he'd had either you or Peter Frampton to show him the way. WTF? Lol...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Gear would need to breathe through a tube to communicate, fwiw.