OMG I'M AT TEH BEST BUY ON AN IPAD

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I want a free iPad too..so I can try this :twisted:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAl28d6tbko&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lAl28d6tbko&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Question

Eternal
Well, that was asinine enough to have been conceived of by Lucy.

Further

MooGoo
Con artist! You just want a free iPad! :sarek:

ACK You've caught me! I'm just pissed that Apple never sent me a free iPad so I could write a glowing review.

I've only ever owned one Apple product, something that I still cherish to this day even though it is long broken and obsolete. It was an Apple branded 21" Trinitron CRT monitor that I acquired in the mid 90's. At the time a monitor of that size was ridiculously expensive and quite the luxury item. I first noticed it sitting unused at my dads PC filled work; the monitor used a proprietary Apple connector not directly compatible with the VGA port.

So I took the thing home one day and ordered a cheap adapter. It was glorious. It lasted me over 10 years and at least 3 computers until one day the top of the screen became misaligned in blurry rainbowness. A week later the entire image disintegrated in what looked like an out of focus degauss and slowly faded to black for the last time. Sad day.

I still miss it, despite the technical superiority of my 24" LCD. That thing was a tank. One time the woman got pissed off and tried throwing a cellphone at me but missed and bounced harmlessly off the monitors glass screen. Any LCD would have been utterly destroyed by such an encounter. Also since it had significant depth and it was warm the cats always enjoyed sitting on top of it and annoyingly dangling their paws in front of the screen. They also enjoyed chasing the mouse cursor by scratching the screen with their death claws, which of course the glass screen was completely impervious to.

When I first got my LCD the cat, seeking out old habits, tried jumping on top of it. I caught him mid jump, if I did not it would have been a disaster. LCD's are delicate.

cat.jpg

goodold.jpg

TO MY APPLE MONITOR

The Question

Eternal
Bullseye response to the linked article from one of the commenters:

I think you're onto something here Ryan.

There's a couple other companies whose commercials are not exact representations of their products.

Specifically... every company with a commercial. Ever.

Further

MooGoo
WOW EVERYONE LIES WHO KNEW

At first I thought that pointing out Apple's BS in a thread about Apple would make sense. Boy was I wrong, so next time I call Apple on some of its BS, I'll be sure to mention some other unrelated BS about something or other, just to be fair and balanced and all.

The Question

Eternal
Or you could just not bother, since we already know and we already don't give a shit. You come off like the little kid hooting, "You shouldn't smooooooke, it's baaaaaaad for yoooooooouuuu!" Fuck off, scooter.

Further

MooGoo
I doubt most people give a shit that you believe "Safari > All Others" either BUT I CARE. And I'm only trying to tell you that smoking is bad for you because YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. Just admit the truth then I'll smoke one with you. As long as it's not menthol, menthol fucking sucks.

The Question

Eternal
I doubt most people give a shit that you believe "Safari > All Others" either BUT I CARE.

And I don't care whether you care or not. Find a more productive use of your time and energy than slamming your head into my brick wall. Or don't -- I don't mind the entertainment the sound of your coconut-like head provides me.

And I'm only trying to tell you that smoking is bad for you because YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT.

Wrong again -- I already know it. I just don't give a shit.

The Question

Eternal
I know what your opinion of Apple is, and I don't care. Let's be accurate -- wait, you're probably a Google fanboy, so accuracy ain't your gig, is it?

Further

MooGoo
Nah, Google's got some nice web apps sure, but nothing worth obsessing over. I still prefer Firefox over Chrome after all. But let's be honest, you care enough to keep responding yes? Don't worry, no one else is reading this thread anymore, they won't find out.

And if I was going to be a fanboy over anything, it would probably be....J.S. FUCKING BACH. The best god damn musician in the universe 300 years and counting. All other music is merely for lulz compared to his shit. Whatever piece of crap mp3 player I happen to be using (even an iPod OH NOES!) is going to be packed with his keyboard and chamber music.

Bach did not write dreary easy listening elevator classical music that most people are used to. He wrote blow up your face bad ass awesomeness (especially when his music is performed on a HARPSICHORD) in almost every single score.

Call me an elitist if you like, but at least I listen to my music with headphones. Now, if Apple started advertising iPod/iTunes like this:

bachpod.jpg

I might be a little more enthusiastic.

But anyway, back to the topic, APPLE SUX

The Question

Eternal
Oh, now you're just boring.

Further

MooGoo
In this case I am definitely right and everyone else is wrong. Ask anyone who agrees with me. There are far more out there than you might think, but I doubt they are big iTunes users.

The Question

Eternal
I'd prefer a totally biased opinion: mine. And as a minor side note: If you hold one opinion and everybody else holds a different one, then no one agrees with you, so there's no one for me to ask.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
iPad is for faggots. It is nothing. Has no power, no memory... fuck but I could go on. FAGGOT.

This entire thread has done nothing more than prove my point, and shown The Saint to be yet another dumb American in the eyes of we superior Canadians.

The Question

Eternal
Go shove a hockey stick up your ass and drown yourself by leaping headfirst into a vat of Celine Dion.