OMG THE INTERNET

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
My internet is down, the friendly recording informs me it will be fixed by 10am March 1st! :rwmad: CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY CAN'T KEEP ME FROM THE INTERNET, THE FOOLS!

Srsly though, I borrowed my brother's air card. If he needs it later I might not get to chat and the WORLD just might end.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
You should have screamed "BUT HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT FACEBOOK!!?!?!?" down the phone and they would have sent TEN MEN out to fix it right away.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You really should move from Florida to America.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Doesn't the internet go out sometimes in other places?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG THE INTERNET IS FIXED. Chat crisis averted.

CaptainWacky

My brain stops functioning when the internet goes out so I can't remember it happening.

CaptainWacky

There's really no proof that the world outside the internet is real.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Doesn't the internet go out sometimes in other places?
LOLOLOL IRONIC EGG ON MY FACE -- MY INTERNET WAS DOWN FOR 24 HOURS!

:bigass:

Seph

Retired Account
I did lol.

CaptainWacky

What did you do Eggs: interact with humans?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
My ISP always says the internet will be down FOREVER then we're all so happy that it's back in a couple hours we cry and forget the internet ever went down in the first place.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What did you do Eggs: interact with humans?
If only. My connection went down halfway through my work shift, so I had to keep working on my project for a couple of hours before I could start calling my provider to get help. After another hour on the phone, not only did I still not have internet, but the person (who was very friendly, just in the wrong job) had changed my modem settings. As I finally found out yesterday, the changes were what was preventing the connection from coming back. A different support person fixed my settings, and POOF, internet back.

While I was fiddling with all the cables runinng from my modem and router, I noticed what a mess it was behind my entertainment system, and I ended up pushing things away from the wall, sweeping out dustballs and re-routing all the power cords so that they weren't tangled. I also added a second surge-protecting power strip back there, and nailed them both to the wall so they wouldn't get clogged with dust bunnies again, and reogranized all the plugs so that the video/audio stuff was on one strip, and the computer stuff was on the other.

(I also had to get all my recycling together before the trucks arrived at dawn)

Having stayed up all night, I slept half the day away on Saturday, and made the 2nd call to my provider once I woke up.

This is the Word of the Eggs.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]qdjRwpYM-Kw[/YOUTUBE]