One Good Thing One Bad Thing

Mirah

I love you
Why does one good thing happen and then one bad thing happens?
Unless you are totally zen budhist and nothing is either good or bad then you can just say, "Things happen"

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There's a humor book called "How to Talk Minnesotan," that talks about how Minnesotans hate when something good happens to them because then they know something bad is going to have to happen to balance it out.

For that matter, why does everything happen at once? Nothing is happening. Then suddenly you find out about something cool. A few days later you find out about something else cool. And wouldn't you know it, they are both on the same day. Taking that to a new level, I found out about something cool local that I was all set to do. Then I found out about something even more cool out of town. And of course they were both on the same day. Last night I realized the even more cool out of town thing, they were demanding proof of vaccination and refusing to refund your money if you wouldn't provide it so I decided to stick with the local event. Wake up this morning to find out the local event has been canceled. So now instead of having to pick between 2 cool things I'm back to no cool things. Everything happens at once.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There's a humor book called "How to Talk Minnesotan," that talks about how Minnesotans hate when something good happens to them because then they know something bad is going to have to happen to balance it out.
Listening to Garrison Keillor on the radio for years and reading his novels has provided me with an equivalent education.

The Question

Eternal
Where is the good? In the will.

Where is the evil? In the will.

Where is there neither good nor evil? Outside the will.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Listening to Garrison Keillor on the radio for years and reading his novels has provided me with an equivalent education.
The author of the book, Howard Mohr, was actually a regular on "A Prairie Home Companion" and I think a lot of bits from the book (certainly the "ads" spread throughout the book) are adapted from the show.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Why does one good thing happen and then one bad thing happens?
Unless you are totally zen budhist and nothing is either good or bad then you can just say, "Things happen"

Go quietly amid the noise and haste, and be assured that a walk through an ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Mirah

I love you

For that matter, why does everything happen at once? Nothing is happening. Then suddenly you find out about something cool. A few days later you find out about something else cool. And wouldn't you know it, they are both on the same day. Taking that to a new level, I found out about something cool local that I was all set to do. Then I found out about something even more cool out of town. And of course they were both on the same day. Last night I realized the even more cool out of town thing, they were demanding proof of vaccination and refusing to refund your money if you wouldn't provide it so I decided to stick with the local event. Wake up this morning to find out the local event has been canceled. So now instead of having to pick between 2 cool things I'm back to no cool things. Everything happens at once.

Or when my life is going well then it is a family member that is suffering or when I am suffering they are doing well. Which is actually a good balance. When I am struggling I am never upset at the one doing well, but at the present moment being happy in my life I find it difficult to see a family member struggling. I want to help them, like drop everything in my life to go make thiers better. WTF would that do to me? Only give me resentment. And they wouldn't do it for me probably! :D

jack

Everything is nothing.

Nothing is everything.

jack

He says he likes it when your pubes tickle his nostrils. Once I got him to sneeze just as I was coming.

Now THAT was an interesting mess.

jack

One good thing