Onion news strikes again!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Two Bangladeshi newspapers have apologised after publishing an article taken from a satirical US website which claimed the Moon landings were faked.

The Daily Manab Zamin said US astronaut Neil Armstrong had shocked a news conference by saying he now knew it had been an "elaborate hoax".

Neither they nor the New Nation, which later picked up the story, realised the Onion was not a genuine news site.

Both have now apologised to their readers for not checking the story.

"We thought it was true so we printed it without checking," associate editor Hasanuzzuman Khan told the AFP news agency.

"We didn't know the Onion was not a real news site."

The article said Mr Armstrong had told a news conference he had been "forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos and reading several blog posts" by a conspiracy theorist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8237558.stm

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Was Sree on the news team?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Bea would have been fooled too (okay that's enough Big Brother references outside the forum for one year.)

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Todays news services, LOL! Almost every article I read at CBS News has so many misspellings, grammar errors, and stories that make no sense that its like reading threads from daycare.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THE MOON LANDINGS WERE FAKED, YOU BASTARDS! :rwmad: