'Plan' for 'Battlestar' fans: Wait a little longer for TV movie

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Or just buy the dvd/wait for someone to torrent it.

[url=http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/09/battlestar-galactica-plan.html]ChicagoTribune[/url] said:
Since it went of the air in March, "Battlestar Galactica" fans have been waiting for the debut of the "BSG" film "The Plan." But unless they plan to purchase the film on DVD, they're going to have to wait a bit longer.

Syfy had said in the past that the two-hour film, which was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos, would air on the network this fall. As recently as June, Syfy president Dave Howe said that it would likely air in November.

However the network has confirmed that "The Plan" will not air on Syfy in 2009. The film, which revisits events from early in the run of "Battlestar Galactica" from the Cylon perspective, is still on track for an Oct. 27 DVD release. And presumably "The Plan" will arrive on Syfy some time next year. If I get more concrete information about a time frame, I will update this post.

In March, Olmos said this at a "Battlestar" press event: “When [‘Battlestar’ fans] see ‘The Plan,’ they’re all going to have to go back and watch the entire series again.”

Poop.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The DVD BETTER BE out here at the exact same time as in America.

Maybe Sky will show it first, like they did that episode where Lee became president.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I was just going to download a HD rip of it anyway, now I guess it'll be a Blu-Ray rip ratherthan an off-air rip.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well the DVD has more footage apparently, so you're better off getting that, or stealing if you must. By the time it's on tv everyone will have seen it. Seems kind of odd marketing since most people would only watch it on tv if it premiered there. They'll probably get more or less the same dvd sales, but get less tv ratings than they could have.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'll rent it, just like I did Caprica. SyFy channel needs to get its head out of its ass.

Fuddlemiff, the chick who wrote that article is on TWITTER, lol... check out her page http://twitter.com/moryan

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ooh, thanks for that. I loved her reviews and interviews for season 4. :)

CaptainWacky

The DVD version is supposed to be 126 minutes. That's quite long.

whisky

Boobie inspector
26 minutes of that is the new "you wouldn't steal a car" warning consisting of a montage of Derren Brown subliminally telling you not to go on piratebay, and to instead buy his books, and those of his cousin Dan.

CaptainWacky

Still worth it!