"Planet of the Apes" 2001 film...did it make sense? Does this help to explain it?

I found part 1 & 2 of this on youtube. It attempts to explain the events from the 2001 POTA film that was very confusing. The explanation in itself can be very confusing, but found even though some of it was above my head, still made sense & was explained well. I think a big part of this guy's explanation was speculation on his part, but not all of it. Why would Tim Burton expect people to fill in so many gaps for themselves? After viewing this you really have to rewatch the film. There are so many subtle things that are easy to miss if you are not looking for them. I actually liked the 2001 version, even with all of the confusion, particularly the weird ending. According to this youtube vid there are actually 3 earths, original earth, alternate earth 1, alternate earth 2. There are also 2 versions of the Leo character (Mark Wahlberg) & the entire crew of his ship. The film is a confusing mess! I think I may rewatch this youtube explanation once again & later tonight rewatch the 2001 film.

[YOUTUBE]yl2UGYk9BvM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZU8CMYOO18A[/YOUTUBE]

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I didnt see the new film yet, but I dont care about continuity, especially with remakes.

I'll catch this on Nextflix.

I didnt see the new film yet, but I dont care about continuity, especially with remakes.

I'll catch this on Nextflix.

It's not about continuity from one film to another or what previously transpired in a single film (remake), it's about understanding what is happening in this particular film. This is the 2001, not the 2011 remake. A lot of people didn't like this film because they didn't understand it and much of what was transpiring was left unexplained.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Would you all believe that somewhere in the Galaxy, there actually IS someone out there thats going throught something like that for real. Some earthling soul that has been taken away from this planet by aliens and is now trapped on some distant planet as a lab experiment never to see earth again. :eek:

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's what happens when you make fun of your sister in laws tittehs, starguard.

How was the anal probe?