Plans move forward for RoboCop statue in Detroit

Dr Dave

pillzlol
DETROIT (AP) - Plans are moving forward for a Detroit statue of the fictional crime-fighting cyborg RoboCop.

The Detroit News reports Wednesday that a RoboCop model is being scanned at a studio in Canada. When the scanning process is completed, artists will create foam pieces that will be shipped to Detroit's Venus Bronze Works, where the parts of the statue will be cast.

Jerry Paffendorf, who is involved in the effort, says the statue "will have a physical, as well as conceptual, origin in Detroit." Location and a completion date are uncertain.

The 1980s science fiction movie was set in a futuristic and crime-ridden Detroit.

The movement for a RoboCop statue started last year after a social networking campaign exploded in support of the project, quickly raising $50,000 to make it happen.

Plans move forward for RoboCop statue in Detroit

http://www.katu.com/news/weird/Plans-move-forward-for-RoboCop-statue-in-Detroit-146101705.html

Gotta be proud of something I guess.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
There are some things I read that I come away from dumbstruck. For example -

"The movement for a RoboCop statue started last year after a social networking campaign exploded in support of the project, quickly raising $50,000 to make it happen."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That is kinda awesome.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
There going to be a statue of robocop in Detroit.

Is there a more bizarre sentence? Gotta be top five.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Of course, it's going to look very dated quite soon when the Robocop remake comes out and everyone born before oooooooh (whatever year it was when I became old) will look up at it and say "lol! (they'll actually say "lol" rather than laughing) That's like the old like Robocop? Like, ewwwwwww lol" and people in their late twenties or so, which is still very young, I'll have you know... will shake their heads, look wistfully into the sky and blink away a single tear, as they walk away... the faint patter of toilet paper rolls landing and ricocheting off a statue to be heard slowly disappearing into the background.

Dr Dave

pillzlol

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"Just for the lolz", "doing it for the lolz", etc, yeah.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, epic lolz and stuff like total win aren't in my lexicon at all.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]mu6Jla3vwWo[/YOUTUBE]