Police: Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life

Seph

Retired Account
Kansas City linebacker Jovan Belcher shot and killed his 22-year-old girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, then drove to the Chiefs' facilities at Arrowhead Stadium and took his own life in front of some team employees, including coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli, on Saturday morning.

Police told the Kansas City Star that Belcher, 25, and Perkins got into an argument at approximately 7:00 a.m. Saturday at a residence in nearby Independence, Mo. Belcher shot Perkins multiple times. She was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead there. The couple had a 3-month-old daughter, who is currently safe in the care of a relative.

Members of the Chiefs' staff tried to stop Belcher from committing any other acts of violence before the player turned a gun on himself. The team's practice facility was evacuated and put on police lockdown.

The Chiefs were scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, and the team has announced on its official site that the game will proceed as scheduled.

"After discussions between the league office, Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play tomorrow's game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time."

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Chiefs and the families and friends of those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a league statement. "We have connected the Chiefs with our national team of professional counselors to support both the team and the families of those affected. We will continue to provide assistance in any way that we can."

[Passan: Pioli 'very emotional' after witnessing Belcher suicide]

Perkins' mother called police after witnessing the incident and told them that her daughter had been shot. Police arrived at the Chiefs' facility only to find Belcher in the parking lot with a gun to his head. As one officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. Belcher was later pronounced dead. Pioli, Crennel, and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs were among the team employees in the vicinity. Belcher reportedly thanked Crennel and Pioli for all they had done for him, and then took his own life.

"Pioli and Crennel and another coach or employee was standing outside and appeared to be talking to him. It appeared they were talking to the suspect," Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp said. "The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot.

"They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him. They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. That's when he walked away and shot himself."

Chiefs players were asked to assemble at the team's main facility so that they can be informed of all the details.

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy," team Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said in a statement. "We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted.

"We will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities and work to ensure that the appropriate counseling resources are available to all members of the organization."

Stay tuned for updates on this developing story.

Video @ link...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...girlfriend-takes-own-life-154951891--nfl.html

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Not to sound completely crass, but I could really care less. Murder suicides are fairly common in the US. It's only when famous people do it that they make the news. These people have low morals to begin with. Why should I think it's newsworthy that they do something immoral?

I just don't get it sometimes.

Seph

Retired Account
I just thought RommieSG and CeeGAY might have something to post on it.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
We had a slew of suicides where I work, something like six in five weeks, and it really upset me. I have a hard time understanding why someone that's not terminally ill would kill themselves, especially a well paid athlete with a beautiful girlfriend and a small child. So much good in his life and he does something this violent and incredibly selfish.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I just thought RommieSG and CeeGAY might have something to post on it.

Rommie will probably have something to say, but Charles' accounts are still PW scrambled. He's not saying anything new until he apologizes to TK.

Seph

Retired Account
We had a slew of suicides where I work, something like six in five weeks, and it really upset me. I have a hard time understanding why someone that's not terminally ill would kill themselves, especially a well paid athlete with a beautiful girlfriend and a small child. So much good in his life and he does something this violent and incredibly selfish.

You reckon that it coincides with you working with the poor schmucks?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Don't tell her what to do. If she wants to take it personally, she can take it personally. I mean, it's the internet. You can do ANYTHING you want!

7824.imgcache.jpg

Mirah

I love you
but now you just told me what to do by telling me not to tell someone else what to do.

and now someone can post

"Wow! You are observant"

And then I dont' know

Mirah

I love you
Anyway, killing people is fucked up. Just kill yourself. Mother Fucker. I hate these guys who take out their kids or their girlfriends. Or Girlfriends who take out their kids or their boyfriends (I don't want to be sexist here)
But srsly, look at the amount of beautiful women that have been killed by jealous deranged husbands boyfriends.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
You can do ANYTHING you want!

So that means Mirah can say what she wants to anyone she wants and Conchaga can say what he wants to anyone he wants and it goes on and on for all of us? Well, okay then. We have been greenlighted!

Mirah

I love you
So that means Mirah can say what she wants to anyone she wants and Conchaga can say what he wants to anyone he wants and it goes on and on for all of us? Well, okay then. We have been greenlighted!

No, we can only post on Tuesdays, remember?